Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

internal engine issue????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question internal engine issue????????

Trying to help a friend out he has an 02 t/a ws6 manual recently developed noise from poss the heads the engine sounds like a quarter or something is bouncing around more prominet on pass side head took valve cover off removed rockers and pushrods on pass side valve train everything was fine don't think its a valve issue because the eng runs fine just the noise it does chg with eng rpms though that is very clear through a stethoscope doesnt sound like a typical lifter noise or bottom end engine more obvious at idle when the car is at operating temp very strange i'm at i loss because i'm an old ford guy figured maybe someone has seen this any thoughts would be greatly appreciated don't wanna rip the heads off if i dont have to like i said trying to help out a buddy
Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull the plugs out and inspect them for damage or a bent ground strap, may have broke a ring land off a piston. If it toward the back of the engine possibly what it is. Is he running n2o on his car, it happens when the cylinders run lean.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no the car is bone stock only thing he did was put a k/n with an slp lid i thought the same thing on the plugs at ford we use to have them break and fall in the cylinder but like i said the motor isn't misfiring if you threw some change in a soda can thats exactly what this sounds like and its made louder underneath by the exhaust i thought poss a cat had disintegrated i smacked it with a deadblow hammer and nothng