Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advice on engine knock

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice on engine knock

have alitttle engine knock from the driver side in the engine bay. seems to be a lifters or a valve prolem. it knocks in idol and as you accelerate. wondered if anyone had any ideas, or if someone went through this as well. any ideas would be appreciated thanx
Old 04-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Is the SES light on and is the car running rough? Mine just started the same thing. Was told it is most likely a lifter. Using a stethyscope I was able to pin point the knock as coming from the top center of the motor. It's not in the valve train in the top of the head or the bottom of the block.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Drewhelm
Is the SES light on and is the car running rough? Mine just started the same thing. Was told it is most likely a lifter. Using a stethyscope I was able to pin point the knock as coming from the top center of the motor. It's not in the valve train in the top of the head or the bottom of the block.
i dont have any lights on but it has been running alittle rough. i was told it was a lifter to. it could be a slipped rocker arm as well. but i dunno yet. gonna have my mechanic take it apart this wed and find out