Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few finaly questions on my build from last night

Old 04-12-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default few finaly questions on my build from last night

Was finally putting my motor back together and question on the rear cover. Theres not a rear cam retaining plate or anything correct? Just the rear cover and nothing else, the timing chain keeps the cam from backing out the rear? The heads are not side specific are they? If not how can i tell what one goes on what side? I know there stupid questions but im new to the lsx world, been in the lt1 world for the past few years and im building this motor from basically the ground up so i dont know if im missing parts cause i didnt take a complete motor apart.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Heads are not side specific, and there is nothing for the cam in the rear on the moter. Just the rear cover and seal. Also don't forget the little plastic bar bell for the oil restriction, it goes in before the rear cover.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

There is no retainer plate on the rear of the block, correct, just the rear cover. The heads can be put on either side, you just have to be carefull and put the coolant plug and temp sensor in the right spots. Temp sensor goes on the driver side head toward the front and the coolant plug goes on the pass side towards the back.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

the oil plug is the orange plug guy on the one side, its in there. thanks... anything else?

Search this Thread