Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much power from a 6.0?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much power from a 6.0?

Ok I am starting to gather everything I need to do a budget transplant. Where I am looking at spending money is on cam, intake just to make a little more power. The car is going to be street drivin with very little track time.

What Kinda power would this combo make?
1. Stock 6.0 with LS6 cam and LS6 intake, this will be going through stock camaro exhaust manifolds.

2. Same as above but with GM hot cam.

3. Basically same as above but with 5.3 using the same parts.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t72ss402
Ok I am starting to gather everything I need to do a budget transplant. Where I am looking at spending money is on cam, intake just to make a little more power. The car is going to be street drivin with very little track time.

What Kinda power would this combo make?
1. Stock 6.0 with LS6 cam and LS6 intake, this will be going through stock camaro exhaust manifolds.

2. Same as above but with GM hot cam.

3. Basically same as above but with 5.3 using the same parts.

in order for any cam to work to its full potential it has to have headers it needs to be able to breath but if your using stock manifolds i recommend the Thunder Racing CheaTR 214/230 .601/.575 117 LSA. Off Idle-6800 RPM Power Band. Broad power range. Works well with stock exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters. Stock like idle. Minor tuning required on automatic transmission cars. Responds very well to nitrous. Due to the fast ramp rate of this camshaft, the use of 1.8 rockers is not recommended. Double valve springs and titanium retainers required for this cam.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headers would be a great thing but I am trying to do a budget swap. And new headers are $450+ . That is money that I could put somewhere else.

Using the LS6 stuff I was thinking would make it run close to the stock numbers on a LS6. Am I wrong?

Oh and this going to be going into a '79 malibu.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t72ss402
Headers would be a great thing but I am trying to do a budget swap. And new headers are $450+ . That is money that I could put somewhere else.

Using the LS6 stuff I was thinking would make it run close to the stock numbers on a LS6. Am I wrong?

Oh and this going to be going into a '79 malibu.
get an ebay set of long tube headers for $200 bucks or so and you'll be happy