Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel rail fitting question

Old 04-20-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel rail fitting question

posted this in the fuel section with no response.

Hi Guys! When I took my fitting apart, parts went flying. I've tried different combinations of the two sleeve/bushing things and the two o-rings along with the retainer. Can someone please tell me how this goes together?

Could I just bypass the connectors and run fuel line nipple to nipple with hose clamps?

Thanks for any help.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHA, never seen this before and not too long ago i was looking. I did the same damn thing over the winter. Theres actually a piece missing there. Every way possible i tried putting it together it didn't hold very long, or it would leak. Advance auto sells new ends for that line, for about $11. The method of changing it is super easy as well. That line is less than 24" long with a quick disconnect at the other end as well. Take it off, and peel back the out soft sleeve. Dip it into boiling water for about 10 seconds, and pull the end out. Heat the line back up in the water and slide new end in. Reinstall, and your golden. If you have anymore questions at all feel free to PM me, or if u need the part number for that end i can probably get that for you as well. Its in the help accessories isle.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you!

Search this Thread