Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil leak?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil leak?

I keep getting oil leaks on my motor. I put 2 rear mains on my last motor and after everytime I get on my car it starts leaking oil again and there after. Well I just put my new motor in a few weeks ago and I've been putting some break in miles on it with no leaks. I put all new gaskets on it and also a mr gasket vacuam system( breathers from valve covers to headers). I gased my car for the first time last night and got it up to 6k and then let off. I pulled over to check everything out and now I'm leakin a lot of oil. I have a pinks all out race in a week. I know the track will not let me run with an oil leak. I need to get this fixed and keep it fixed. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or something I need to do? Thanks
Old 05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Im in the same boat you are. I dont know what to check for next. Im going to pull the intake today and check all the top side. Maybe something from there is leaking. I too have replaced all the damn gaskets i can think of. I feel your pain!!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me three, I just replaced everything on the topside yesterday.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are not properly locating the front and rear covers, you will have oil leaks like crazy. There is a proper procedure that must be followed to make sure the covers are centered and that all gaskets are sealing.

Shane
Old 05-14-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My problem ended up being the oring from the dipstick tube. It was all chewed up. I bought a new one and so far so good.