Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle issues, newbie needs help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle issues, newbie needs help

Recently aquired a 2000 camaro ss /w t56. It has headers with offroad y-pipe and a few free mods on intake side. I am having issues with the car idling smooth from time to time. Sometimes I take it out and it idles fine, but other times when idling it becomes rough with engine rev-ing from 500rpm to 1100 rpm. I have already done a spark plug change. Looking at some scans it seemed my b1s1 o2 sensor was faulty as the mV never moved from 450mV. So I changed it out with a new denso and its still the same, I've traced the wires and checked the o2 per a haynes manual and it seems okay. The sensor is getting 12V. I thought the o2 might have been the culprit, but unsure as the scans show its still not reading. Could anyone assist as to what is happening and how to resolve it?

I have attached a hp log if needed. Any rev's you see above 1200rpm were from me pressing the pedal.

If this needs to be posted elsewhere, please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
3.hpl (120.4 KB, 59 views)
Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the way you log file looks, i would trace the wires from the 02 to the pcm. it looks like you have a broken wire somewhere. you can also try to swap the pass side to the drivers side and vise versa to make sure you get the same results. with a 02 that you know works.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, i'll check on that after work today. Would a faulting o2 cause the idle to jump erraticly randomly?