Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adjustable timing gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default adjustable timing gear

hey all just got the Yank adjustable timing gear's and i was wondering if there was anyone here that knew how to use them! Kinda confusing but I might be over thinking it, I was really surprised when it came with no instructions.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

to the top.....
Old 05-18-2009, 02:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well first put in the bushing that is not offset at all. Use a degree wheel and check your cam timing. If its 2 degrees retarded find the bushing that looks like it is the least amount offset. You can tell just by looking that one is for 2 degree offset, one is for 4 and the one that is the most off center is the 6 degree one. Now find your 2 degree bushing and stick the offset side towards the advance side (+) and install it in the gear than line it up on the dowel of the cam. It's kinda tricky to get it all to come together and keep the bushing in place, but just work at it. Now redegree the cam and make sure you got the desired changes you wanted. Sometimes you cannot get it perfect since its only in 2 degree increments. Just shoot for +/- 1 degree.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
Well first put in the bushing that is not offset at all. Use a degree wheel and check your cam timing. If its 2 degrees retarded find the bushing that looks like it is the least amount offset. You can tell just by looking that one is for 2 degree offset, one is for 4 and the one that is the most off center is the 6 degree one. Now find your 2 degree bushing and stick the offset side towards the advance side (+) and install it in the gear than line it up on the dowel of the cam. It's kinda tricky to get it all to come together and keep the bushing in place, but just work at it. Now redegree the cam and make sure you got the desired changes you wanted. Sometimes you cannot get it perfect since its only in 2 degree increments. Just shoot for +/- 1 degree.
Thanks man!
Thats pretty much what I figured, its just hard to visualize without actually doing the proceedure.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You'll know right away if you slid the bushing in on the wrong side. Its kind a pain to keep the bushing in the right position but just take your time and you will get it. I would recommend starting out with the 2 degree bushing in the advance position. Seems like these setups are usually 2 degrees retarded with a new gear / chain setup.