Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upgrading my cam...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default upgrading my cam...

okay, so i decided on a new cam, the TSP 231/237. and some comp springs. my next question is, i want to strenghen up my motor, so i want to add a new timing chain, what one do you suggest? price doesnt matter nor does single or double (actually i dont even know the benefit of a double, maybe some can help me) also, i want to get some rockers, what ratio, and which brand?? and will i have to do anything else to install this cam (besides the basics) i really want to know if i can slide my Z06 cam out, and slide the TSP cam in, meaning no other mods to the engine. Finally, i plan on doing tru duals, should i get tuned before i do the duals, or after, i wont be doing the duals the same time as the cam swap, will affect my tune at all?

check out sig for mods.

thanks for the help
jimmy
Old 11-06-2003, 02:46 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All of those things sound great and all, but really; cam, springs,hardened pushrods and perhaps titanium retainers is all you should really need.

Save your money for a nice X-pipe system.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:00 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jimmy, go with a JWIS single roller timing chain, that's the best one; fancyer is not always better. Don't run that cam with Z06 springs, put in Comp 918's. These single springs are what you need, not the double ones. Again, the more complicated part is not necessarily better. For the rockers, I sugest Yella Terra 1.7 ratio; great part, great price. The duals might affect the tune a little, so might as well wait until everything is on. Not tuning for the cam right away won't hurt anything, just a loss of power (bigger cams make WOT richer.)
Old 11-06-2003, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, i already have the springs, and ti retainers, and hardend push rods, so they are out of the way

as for the chain and the rockers, where is the best place/price to get them?

thanks
jimmy