Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent Power Loss - 01 WS6

The subject:
2001 WS6 M6 37k miles.
The problem:
Feels like it loses about half it's power but still runs. If I push the clutch in and let the RPM fall back to idle and kick the throttle a couple times it usually gets back to normal, so far this has only happened when the car is warm. This happens once or twice a day depending on how much I drive. It will also just completely die as I'm slowing to a stop, but this happens rarey (ish), about once a week maybe. Also have noticed that on occasion when I start the car it will start briefly, pop (backfire, but not loud), and die. Start again and runs fine; this happens every few days or so.
The check engine light is on, but only throwing a code for an inefficient cat on bank one. I'm going to take it to the dealer to get those replaced (warranty) as I'm not going to change out the y-pipe/headers for awhile.

Any information to help me troubleshoot this problem would be fantastic. I would think either fuel pump or plugs/wires/coil???

Thanks,
Colin
Old 06-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Did a hard pull on the way home from work (it was running great, or so I thought), looked at the rear view mirror and white/gray smoke was gushing out the exhaust...uh oh.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Did I post this in the wrong forum? If so could the mods please move it to the correct one...?