Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injectors/pump

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors/pump

I recently purchased a set of TEA 1.5 LS6 heads that I will be installing on my full bolt-on,cam only SS. I will also be adding a FAST 90 or 92, just not sure which yet. I will be keeping the bottom end stock for now. Oh, the cam is a Comp 233/239 on a 112 LSA. What I am needing to figure out is... What size injectors should I use? Do I need to get the FAST fuel rail? Am I going to need a bigger fuel pump? I am also debating whether or not to hold off on adding the heads/intake until I can just rebuild the bottom end. The car has 85,000 miles on it, so I don't know what to do. Have any of you added heads to a car with approx. the same mileage? I'm not going to be using any power adder,just want a strong mid 400 rwhp NA combo. I appreciate any suggestions and opinions! You all have never let me down! Thanks.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

At that power level, there should be no need to go forged. A lot of people run these to 500rwhp without problems... its when you pass 550rwhp that you get into trouble. As far your fuel, I think you'll be fine with the stock pump and just add 42lb injectors. You could add a walbro or racetronix to be safer.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Default Bottom end

Thanks for your opinion! I was leaning towards 42lb. injectors,but wasn't too sure. What I was wondering about the bottom end is that it has around 85k miles on it and I wasn't sure if it would be a safe move adding heads to an engine with that kind of mileage. If it's not a good idea to install the TEA LS6 heads at my mileage, I would have to hold off for quite awhile before using them! I am hoping that I can just install the heads on my stock 85k mi. bottom end and aquire another block to slowly stockpile parts for. Has anyone done a headswap to a car with around 85k miles? My car has great oil pressure and compression, I just aren't sure about this! I really appreciate everyones advice!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

set of 42# green tops 199 shipped to you door. they went great with my TEA stage 2 ls6 heads.
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/pr..._id=634cPath=9
Old 06-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Teching In

Default Injectors

Thanks for sending me that link! Those are definately what I will go with! Now,I just need to know if I should bolt these heads and a new FAST 92/92 to my 85k mile stock bottom end?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Customizing Director

Originally Posted by 02SILVER35THSS
Thanks for your opinion! I was leaning towards 42lb. injectors,but wasn't too sure. What I was wondering about the bottom end is that it has around 85k miles on it and I wasn't sure if it would be a safe move adding heads to an engine with that kind of mileage. If it's not a good idea to install the TEA LS6 heads at my mileage, I would have to hold off for quite awhile before using them! I am hoping that I can just install the heads on my stock 85k mi. bottom end and aquire another block to slowly stockpile parts for. Has anyone done a headswap to a car with around 85k miles? My car has great oil pressure and compression, I just aren't sure about this! I really appreciate everyones advice!
If its been maintained, then a LS1 motor is fine at 85k. And as I mentioned, unless your over 500rwhp you are still in a very safe zone with a decent tune. Plus if your going to start building up a motor anyways... then there is no reason as to why you shouldn't put them on in case something did happen.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Default Injectors

Thanks Mad Ice, I just didn't know if it was going to be alright to add the heads at that mileage. I will probably just try it out though. If nothing else, I probably wouldn't be able to wait anyways! Where at in the Chicago area are you from? I am originally from Cicero/Berwyn area. I miss it, just not the snow. Thanks again!
Old 06-13-2009, 01:32 AM
Customizing Director

Originally Posted by 02SILVER35THSS
Thanks Mad Ice, I just didn't know if it was going to be alright to add the heads at that mileage. I will probably just try it out though. If nothing else, I probably wouldn't be able to wait anyways! Where at in the Chicago area are you from? I am originally from Cicero/Berwyn area. I miss it, just not the snow. Thanks again!
Yep no problem. I've seen a few speed shops throw blowers on these and drive them just fine (granted they had low boost and kept it around ~450).

I'm out in the SW burbs by 355 & 55. Yes I hate the weather out here! I almost moved out to Nevada little over a year ago for a job, but that fell through.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Default Re:

Thanks guys, I think I got it figured out on what I will be doing. I am going to go ahead and install the heads on the stock 85k mi. bottom end using stock 3 layer GM head gaskets and ARP hex-head bolts. I am going to top that off with a FAST 92mm Intake and Nick Williams 92mm Throttle Body. I plan on getting those 42 lb. green top injectors and probably the FAST fuel rail. Is ther anything that I am missing to be able to use the FAST setup ?
Once I get the car going with the new set-up and aquire some more funds,I am going to get a new LS2 block and go with a 402 stroker kit. Then I might even send the TEA heads out to receive larger valves, and get a larger camshaft. Thanks guys for helping me out!