Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont start after head gasket replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car wont start after head gasket replacement

This is the first time I''ve ever had a problem after opening a motor where I cannot get a spark. I just replaced the head gaskets on my 389 LS6 stroker in my 2001 C5. All back together, everything plugged in, fluid in, etc. Engine only cranks and there is fuel, but no spark. Wont fire. I have triple checked all connections and fuses. No codes. I never had the cam or crank sensor unplugged. However, in the course of the repair there were times when the harnesses had some strain on them as I would manuver them out of the way. Also, I steam cleaned the motor at the half way point. I did make some effort to ensure all sensor connectors were dry and clean. I would think if i had a bad connection that I would get some code. Or, have I cooked the PCM somehow? If anyone has experienced these symptoms, please chime in. thanks.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:42 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

try disconnecting and reconnecting the batter :dunno:, also the coil pack wires and the white harness on the packs are connected securely right?
Old 11-10-2003, 08:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the ground cable straps bolted to the back of the passenger side head....

...also - did you mark the coils for passenger side and driver side locations before you removed them? If you put them on backwards you could have a serious ignition problem...

Quick Reply: Car wont start after head gasket replacement