Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cammed T/A not gaining speed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cammed T/A not gaining speed?

Hey, i have a 2002 ws6, everything on it seems to be from Texas speed. I bought the car wrecked and got it fixed, so the motor was built when i got it, the cam sounds like either a ms3 or ms4, it has pacesetter long tubes with a 3in xpipe with dynamax dumps, i took the tb off and it has been ported, the heads are still the 241 heads so their stock but i don't know if they have had any work done to them. It had a hole in the passenger side of the xpype? maybe that was where it was tuned i don't know, it idles fine an has little drivability problems, it pulles hard and the power band don't seem to kick in untill around 3k rpm's and the revlimiter is at around 6600. My buddy raced it today, he has a 2002 formula with long tubes, everything else is stock, and stayed behind me by about a car or two, should it be doing better than this? it pulls hard but don't seem to be gaining speed like it should be, and suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

Take it to a dyno see what it puts down then that should give you an idea of power, then maybe go to a dragstrip and do some runs and see what your 60' 120' and your 1/8th and trap speeed are to see if its losing in the top end.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

Is this just a seat of the pants feeling? Take to the track and see what it does, or better yet take it to a knowlegable dyno operator and have it dyno'd.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:16 PM

it will bounce your head off the seat all the way to 4th gear but its just not putting it t the ground, i'll take it to the track and see what kinda times i get then i'll take it to get dynoed. Thanks for the help
Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya take it up to steele and see what it traps. Or if you would like bring it on down to Trussville and have it put on a dyno and get it tuned. I live about an hour from you.

Quick Reply: cammed T/A not gaining speed?