Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me out guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Help me out guys

Okay, I have posted up threads before about what I am thinking about doing with my car. I have gotten a bunch of replies and I have read many many posts on cams, heads and such. Well, my plans for my car have changed dramatically.

I was thinking a big cam, big stall, bad *** set of heads, fast 92/92, you guys already know what I"m getting at.

I am just going to throw this out there, and hopefully someone can get me pointed in the right direction.

I am shooting for 400whp and close to the same tq. I want a cam that you would basically consider a sleeper cam, and some heads, and i'm going to keep my ls6 intake mani and my p/p tb. I have the bolt-ons, but I'm not sure which way to go with the cam and heads.

Like I said I'm trying for 400/400, and it is my dd, so I want it to be reliable, and instead of the yank 4k stall I was thinking of getting, i'm going to go smaller.

I was thinking of just going with a 100 shot, but I changed my mind. I want the power there all the time if I need it.

I hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say here, I've been at work for a long *** time today and I'm exhausted so please just bare with me.

If anyone has any ideas on which way I should head, just let me know.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 AM
FormerVendor

Patrick G has done setups like this. You should try H/C with a Cheatr Cam. It will give you the power you are looking for and the car will be very smooth and drivable for everyday use. Give me a call and I'll be to try and point you in the right direction. We carry everything you are looking for to make it happen.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:04 AM
11 Second Club

There are a couple of options. You could always go custom grind (probably your best bet at this point) Patrick G and Geoff@EPS do REALLY nice custom grinds and are proven to make power and customers happy. As far as heads you could make a number of choices depending on your budget. Ported factory castings work well but are still just factory castings. Also you could always call one of the sponsors here ------->
which are usually more than happy to help customers put together a combination to suit a customers needs. Vengeance offers a nice heads,cam,valvetrain package with everything you need for 3 grand which I think is a good deal. If you wish to only deal locally there is a number of shops in Texas (probably the most) I have dealt with Texas Speed a couple of times dealing with other cars for friends of mine and they are very helpful and have performance proven parts as well. Personally if it were me I would call around and explore all plausible options based on price and budget then make your decision from there.