Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple cooling questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple cooling questions

Im finally getting time to finish up 'this and thats' following up my cam swap. Had a couple little problems I can't figure out. It would be sweet if someone could toss me a rope.

(1998 LS1)
The 3 prong connection on the front DS head, I believe this is the water temp sending connection.. should it have a snap connector on it? My wired end has a connector but the one on the head is missing? Did I loose it doing the cam swap? Does it matter which of the 3 prongs go in which hole? They all look the same..

Also my fans arent working, Is this related? Do I have a bad fuse or relay?

Any trouble shooting tips would be sweet. I dont have any fancy tools so dont tell me to hook the Diolifibulatorm Monitoring System to it. I do however have a test light ...
Old 07-26-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A DVOM is a required tool for any electrical troubleshooting these day. A test lite has limited applications in the world of computer controlled engines. Be very carful where you probe with that test lite. Since the test lite has a self-contained battery it can feedback voltage to the PCM/ECM if you probe the wrong circuit. When that happens the smoke comes out. It the smoke gets out it is nearly impossible to get it all back in.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by eallanboggs
A DVOM is a required tool for any electrical troubleshooting these day. A test lite has limited applications in the world of computer controlled engines. Be very carful where you probe with that test lite. Since the test lite has a self-contained battery it can feedback voltage to the PCM/ECM if you probe the wrong circuit. When that happens the smoke comes out. It the smoke gets out it is nearly impossible to get it all back in.
Im not sure if youre serious or joking

Last edited by 1998Z28LOADED; 07-27-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

HELP!!! (please)

I WILL SEND YOU A BJ THRU PAYPAL!

^JK
Old 07-28-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The part about the smoke is a joke. The part about the test lite is not.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't have an answer by tommorrow I will look for you as it has been 2+ years since i replaced my CTS and I don't rememeber.

Yes it is on the front DS.

My car ran like crap when it was bad. If you have acess to multimeter you should be able to search normal resistance parameters and then test to check it with a multimeter...Cheap at Radioshack / Walmart etc.....