Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help bad!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need help bad!

Well heres the story i was goin to my friends house and all of a sudden my engine started over revvin hard so i turned it off and popped my hood open and my throttle cable was stuck all the way open so i just put it back and everything was fine then the next morning i started my car sounded just fine then i picked up one of my friends and it started knockin once i got to his house and then it wouldnt idle on its own.

Yall think i bent a couple of my pushrods by over revvin it to much or what? The knockin noise is startin to get louder i think.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you could've broken/bent a couple pushrods. it's not that hard just take off the vavle covers and rockers and check them out
Old 11-20-2003, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

Well My friend just threw a rod on his motor and it was knockin LOUD and mines not as near as loud as his was but its startin to get louder? Should I drain my oil for any metal shavings or anything?? What kind of pushrods do I need to order?

Well if my pushrods are the problem should I go ahead and get new heads and a cam cause i just checked the head swap install from ls1howto.com and it doesnt look to hard.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check pushrods first, then look into your oil.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

So all I need to do is take off my valvecovers and unbolt the rockers to check the pushrods? Also what else could have broke or whatever due to overrevvin it?

Last edited by UGotBeaT; 11-20-2003 at 03:14 PM.