Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got back from the Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just got back from the Dyno

Thumbs up to Larry and all the guys at Speed inc. But not so thumbs up to my car . I run an 98 LS1 in an 87 five speed Fiero GT . My mods are ASP pulley, 00 cast manifolds. Pace 85 mm MAF/IAT (supposed to be calibrated for the LS1) ,GM hot cam kit, mesier water pump, 160 deg. stat and K&N .
The bad part. I am running way too lean it goes to about 16/1 @ 2900 down to 14/1 @3400-4600, and then back up to 15/1 @ 5100 where he let off of it. I was going to have tuning done at the time to see if they could correct it, but as Murphy's law would have it my ADL connector was dead ???? Looks like I still have more work to do . If I would have thought of it I would have had them unplug the MAF and see how the computer did reverting back to speed density. I did get a partial graph max HP @ 5100 was 291.6 (SAE) and 319.5 max torque @ 4000. Once again thumbs up to Speed inc. Thanks for being so patient with my car. Here is the graph
Attached Thumbnails Just got back from the Dyno-mydyno.jpg  
Old 11-24-2003, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, sucks that you are having problems I know what its like. Once you get all the bugs worked out youll be happy to see what the LS1 can do. GL

J
Old 11-24-2003, 05:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

In this case the dyno is reporting that you have problems, good to know now, 16:1 AF is very lean.

Are you not holding good fuel pressure?

Did you see my mostly stock Formula there?
Old 11-24-2003, 06:16 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
LMAO
Old 11-24-2003, 06:22 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Oh hell, I think you're pushing the limits of the term "stock" don't you John??

LS1Swap - Check your cigarette lighter fuse. I believe that is the fuse the ALDL cables power is on assuming you used a stock wiring harness and all.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes it does kind of suck , but like John says it is good to know now than after I do damage. I had no idea I was that lean. In fact I had thought I was rich because at idle it would burn your eyes sometimes to stand behind it. I am going to check my fuel pressure at varied RPM's tomorrow. I have a gauge right on the regulator so it shouldn't be that hard, but I don't remember a problem unless the jam nut or something worked loose? I installed a fuel pump from a 96 LT1 vette ( it is plug and play for the Fiero go figure???) So the pump should be able to keep up. I don't remember any formulas inside. There were a number of Z28 , a couple of Vettes, and one under a cover. Must be or they just don't want it to get scratched LOL. There were quite a few pontiacs in the parking lot. They kept me by the door... Probably insurance or worried about people with sticky fingers. When I go back I will tell them you said it was all right for me to take yours for a spin LOL ( just kidding) would love to see it sometime though. Maybe next year at one of the shows. You do WOW or vette fest?