Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock retard and misfires.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock retard and misfires.

OK, I took my car into the transmission shop last week because I thought this noise I getting is the clutch. The noise happens in 6th and 5th gear at low rpm with half throttle. It is happing more often now under like conditions. The shop tells me he thinks it is detitination and to run some octane boost. So I do this and still the same (ran the lucas non street legal from Adanced). I have the interceptor gauges and set it to knock retard. When the noise happens the numbers rise at the same time from 0.0, I set it to misfires and I see that as I am driving there some misfires on some of the cylinders. Is this a serious problem. Can having old plug wires or anything cause this. I had the car dyno tuned about a year ago and this problem has gotten worse so I do not think it is with the tune.
Anyideas, anything else I should check.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also I am not sure if this is related but the car will die out if started cold and reverse is the first gear I hit (backing out of my driveway). I just figured it was because the engine was cold but after researching some I wonder if my 02 and bad spark plugs could cause my problems. I am running the bosch 02 sensors and not sure on the plugs. I also noticed that misfires cause codes to go off. I have none. I just used the interceptor gauge to scan for them while I was driving home from work. Do all engines have some knock retard?

Just when I think I am starting to figure this engine out I start to relize how little I know about it .

Quick Reply: Knock retard and misfires.