Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a Setup for When I get an ls1

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking about a Setup for When I get an ls1

What would be a good turbo for this setup?

A forged (all stroke) 382

I want a turbo that the boost will kickin after the major torque curve ends to avoid terrible traction. Does this sound good? Also, How good are these for revving? I have heard they could rev high? Please feel free to make comments.

P.S. The turbo you reccomend, When would I see the boost kick in?

Sorry for the questions, but Im a turbo retard.

Thanks
Old 11-26-2003, 04:48 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

first of thats gonna be one hella expensive setup, your looking at 4k+ for a stroker and then another 4k+ for a turbo setup. i believe theres only one or two companies that make a turbo setup, Incon is the one i've seen used the most.

if you dont have any experience with the ls1 stoke/turbo setup isnt the way to go. i'd start off slow with some bolt ons and then move up to h/c. that'll be more then enough power unless your going for an all out track setup.

plus factor in a new clutch and 12bolt with an m6 and a 12bolt and 4k+ stall if you still want the stroke/turbo setup.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to the forced induction forum and ask the same question. My opinion is, dont bother with it all, do the bolt on's, cam and heads. You'll fry all your friends and not break the bank. Hell you can get 400 rwhp without heads. At 15% drivetrain loss that equals 460 fwhp! If you want turbo power go find a GNX.