Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 misfire problem

Old 09-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 misfire problem

just got a 01 ss last week and purchased car with bad motor, also got motor with it with 40k on it, new motor was complete, so i pulled motor and tranny out bottom put a new spec clutch in and longtubes and o/r y pipe, then had to put my old intake on and coil packs, now car is running but has a miss, scanner showed cylinder 1 and 8 misfire, and they are at exact same time, any suggestions??? herd couple different ideas just looking for some advise???

thanks
Old 09-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Tuned engine ws-6 formula. I am getting misfire code #6 and #8 using gm tool. I installed ngk plugs also swapped coil pack and wires same problem.
Raw fuel odor at exhaust. Is it possible for injector to cause problem.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After the ignition system is ruled out, and if the injectors have significant miles and/or storage time on them, I pull the injectors and send them out for cleaning and flow-testing.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Teching In

my buddies car had misfire on #7, pulled the spark plug (no gap), re-gap plug and installed, no more mis-fire, next day same problem, #7 plug has no gap, we pulled the engine and tore it down the #7 piston was cracked under the wrist pin and pin bore was starting to englarge, i talked to a gm tech he said it was a common problem with LS1 and LS6, nine out of ten times it was a odd cyl. 1, 3, 5, or 7, not saying thats whats wrong, just some info to put out there
Old 09-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Launching!

recheck the gap on those cylinders while inspecting the plugs. make sure your wires are on tight. Change the coils of cylinders 1 and 8 to a cylinder with no misses. Then you can move on to fuel... Best way is to use a noid light to check injector pulses. OR a 194 light bulb put into the electrical connector to the injector will tell you if it is pulsing. THEN if everything still checks out I would re check your intake you put on...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS1 misfire problem