Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter Head?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lingenfelter Head?

Has anybody tried the Lingenfelter ls6 head? What is the favorite head in this forum? who do you people recommend?

I was thinking a 382 stroker, fast intake & TB, step primary equal long tube &high flow cat back, custom functional ram air hood scoop, Tremac TKO 5speed, 12 bolt posi 3.73, nitto r555 rubber.

As a roadrace car. camshaft to be determind later. A lot of companies have good flow numbers and its hard to choose. any posting of air velocity numbers? what heads have you all lokked at and liked?

Car will not be dedicated race car but mostly street with the occasional race.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would go with a head from mti,gtp or tea these heads have proven to be be top quality. i like the mti heads my self, the quality is awsome and they perform verry well. goodluck to ya.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

Lingenfelter has an incredible product, that goes without saying, But the price tag is hefty. If you were on a budget, I would look into Patriots which make great power even when compared to the "more expensive" brands.. If not, GTP seems to be the choice of many.

Just out of curiousity, why a Tremec TKO? A rebuilt T56 is more than capable.

check out www.jenningsengineering.net for a tranny

and

chack out www.patriot-performance.com for the heads with flow numbers

Hope this helps
Old 12-02-2003, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Default tremac tko

I just feel the 6 speed to short on the gear runs. If i'm going to take the time to build a torque band as flat as a table then i want to enjoy it. keep in mind this car will spend most of its time in the city with most of its duty doing redlight runs. damn if i want to keep burning through the gears. if i dont like the tko then i'll go back to the t-56 but i just want to try it and see if i like it better. If the muscle cars from the '60's had to do with only 4 speeds then im fine with 5.

I might even try dished pistons and a twin screw supercharger. But that a discussion for another part of this forum.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

That makes sense, and to each his own.

If i were you, I would build a heathy H/C package that makes good low/midrange torque. Of course, that takes more than a handshake and a smile.

Whatever you do, your plans look good and I wish you luck.