Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

misfire code

Old 12-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default misfire code

ok gots a question for y'all. installed some SLP longtubes. had to take a few plugs out to get the LT's to slide into place. so, now it's all back together and the car is throwing a misfire code. and she sputters at idle. thought it maybe that one of the plugs got messed up. changed all 8 of those bastards. which y'all know ain't easy. all the plugs on the passenger side were covered in black soot. only on the passenger side. which i thought was odd. anyway, 8 new plugs and she's still throwing the code and sputtering. so i figure it may be the wires. gonna go get some tomorrow. if this don't fix it i'm gonna scream. any comments, suggestions are appreciated. she's gotta get dropped off this saturday for a cam install. so i gotta find this quick before i have to drive her all the way to baton rouge. thanks in advance.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:36 PM
I can shift faster than you.

Selena, if you don't get the car fixed, I can take a look at it Saturday before I install the cam.

With the SLPs, make sure you didn't burn any of the wiring harness that runs along the side of the chassis that connects the PCM to the pass. side O2 sensor, Crank Position sensor, starter solenoid wire, and the oil level sensor. SLP includes a heat sleeve that is supposed to be installed over this harness to project it even further (it already has some heat tape on it from GM).

Since the problem seems to be only on the pass. side, make sure that the coils packs are plugged in properly. Since ALL the plugs were black, I highly doubt it would an individual plug wire. Also make sure the 02 sensor is plugged in on that side and that none of the wires are burnt.

If you are still having issues, feel free to give me a call at Thunder.

Jason
Old 12-05-2003, 03:09 PM
Teching In

holy smokes! jason thanks for the response. i did put all the sleeving on the wiring like SLP said. however, i will check to make sure all the wires are ok because SLP said to relocate the wires under the motor mount but that put it close to the header in another spot so we left it alone and just wrapped it with the heat protector. i'll also check the coils and make sure they're ok. man i'm kinda hoping it's that cuz i just got prices on plug wires and man are they outrageous! i may give you a call over at thunder in a bit. thanks for the help!! you rock!!
Old 12-05-2003, 03:19 PM
10 Second Club

mine did the same thing with the paccesetters but i had to lenghten my o2 sensors and i had a bad connection on one of them
Old 12-05-2003, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I get that code about once a week in fact just cleared it with a scanner.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:03 PM
I can shift faster than you.

Talking

Selena, problem fixed! It ended up being a bad O2 sensor on the passenger side. It was DEAD! I swapped a new one on and the car ran 100% better.

We got the car torn apart and are almost done with the cam install. The valvesprings are swapped and the cam is installed. I may head up to the shop tomorrow evening and finish it up. If not, it will be ready to be dyno tuned on Monday.

Jason

Search this Thread