Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is missing...WOT and/or...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car is missing...WOT and/or...

So I installed my cam 1.5 yrs ago in May. I had the car tuned.
I noticed that when i am WOT the car seems to be missing or sputtering...it still has plenty of power....

...I also notice this when i am cruising along in 4th ( auto ) and i give the car a little gas ( not enough to downshift )

any suggestions.. ?
I do not know if this is directly related or not, but when the car sits for a week and/or it is cold out it has a hard time staying running.

I will give it a min to "warm" up before pulling it out of the garage..sometimes i have to start it numerous times just to nurse it out into the driveway.....

something simple like plugs / wires ?? new plugs were installed with the cam...wires are about 4-5 years old but not too many miles on em...
Old 10-19-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 297 Likes on 209 Posts

Go simple I change my plugs and wires one every 3 years or 36K. People ask me why and I have not experienced any issues. If after that you still have an issue then go back to the tuner if still around. I don't know if you did a Dyno/street tune but usually when your hooked up to the computer you should be able to see that hiccup on the read out.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my car was tuned @ speed inc, so yeah, they are still around....

i will check the wires....and i will ask my buddy to bring his scanner home and maybe we can see if something is wrong.....