Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to get a CAM but what one?

Old 12-07-2003, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking to get a CAM but what one?

Alright first off I have no clue what to look for on Cams becaues to be honest I didn't know very much about them even with my other cars and what huge benifit they gave you, but now I do.

My Car: 2002 WS-6 stock A4

I do plan on by May/June to have Headers/Exaust/Heads/Torque Converter to be put on the car.

Thank you in advance
Old 12-07-2003, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read the first part of this: http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23

It's the best explanation of how a cam works that I've ever found. As for what cam you should get, it all depends on what you want to do with your car. All out racer, ocasioanly racing, street, daily driver, sleeper, etc... Any plans for N20 or FI? Do you have strict emmision testing?
Old 12-07-2003, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ferocity02

It's the best explanation of how a cam works that I've ever found. As for what cam you should get, it all depends on what you want to do with your car. All out racer, ocasioanly racing, street, daily driver, sleeper, etc... Any plans for N20 or FI? Do you have strict emmision testing?
FEROCITY:

GREAT LINK BROTHER!!! Man i LOVE this site!!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ferocity02

I really only wanna have what i listed above done to it and that will most likely be it. I don't have massive plans to take it to the track. I just want the extra power for the occasional romp on the freeway or when the kid in the Honda Civic decides to take a stab at me. I live in MN and we do not have strict emissions laws other than what most midwestern states do
Old 12-07-2003, 01:27 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have to pass an emissions test, the TR224 114 is the ideal street cam IMO. If you don't have emissions testing, go bigger like a TR230 or something else in the 230 range, with an LSA of less than 114 degrees.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigT2002
I really only wanna have what i listed above done to it and that will most likely be it. I don't have massive plans to take it to the track. I just want the extra power for the occasional romp on the freeway or when the kid in the Honda Civic decides to take a stab at me. I live in MN and we do not have strict emissions laws other than what most midwestern states do
Yes... A 224/224 114 or 112 is a great all around cam, which is what is on it's way to my house. But if you don't have strict emmisions I would say somthing a little bigger, maybe 230/224 or 230/230. Tuning would be required so expect to have some done since you have an A4.

Search this Thread