Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pump, timing chain

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pump, timing chain

I'm probably just not searching for the right terms (almost all I can find are classifieds), but I'm trying to learn a little bit about the different oil pumps and timing chains out there. I'm doing a cam swap when I get home in a couple months and want to upgrade the oil pump and timing chain while I'm at it. I would like to make an informed purchase, but just can't find all the information I want. I know I want a ported oil pump, but is there any difference in the brands or just go for the most affordable? I'm even more at a loss when trying to study up on the differences in timing chains.... Any help is appriciated. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a couple of the sponsors sell a ported oil pump, i bought a Melling oil pump from 99blancoSS (sponsor). the timing chains, depending on how crazy your gonna get with the engine build you can be fine going with the LS2 set (less than $100) or if your going wild or have money to burn you can go with a Katech C5-R chain and a Cloyes sprocket set. There are plenty of threads about this stuff skip the search and just browse through the internal section.