Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0L build - what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 04:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 6.0L build - what do you think?

I was thinking of building a stroker, but can't afford to do the whole package right, so here is what I am planning. Let me know what you think.

- 6.0L block 4.00" bore
- 6.0L crankshaft
- ARP studs
- Manley forged 6.125" rods
- Diamond forged pistons/moly rings
- reuse my LS6 heads (radiused for 4.00" bore)
- custom ground cam & matching springs

It might not be a stroker, but it fits my budget after the trouble I have had.

I'm only looking for 12.0's or high 11's out of my daily driven, full weight, car for now. Later I can throw the bottle at it and get a little more.

I think it will do the job, what do you think?
Old 12-10-2003, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
I was thinking of building a stroker, but can't afford to do the whole package right, so here is what I am planning. Let me know what you think.

- 6.0L block 4.00" bore
- 6.0L crankshaft
- ARP studs
- Manley forged 6.125" rods
- Diamond forged pistons/moly rings
- reuse my LS6 heads (radiused for 4.00" bore)
- custom ground cam & matching springs

It might not be a stroker, but it fits my budget after the trouble I have had.

I'm only looking for 12.0's or high 11's out of my daily driven, full weight, car for now. Later I can throw the bottle at it and get a little more.

I think it will do the job, what do you think?
Me and my brother are doing something similar but with stock rods (arp bolts), stock crank, diamond pistons, Patriot Stage III LS6 style heads, TSP 231/237 cam, and here's the kicker... GMPP's new single plane carb'd intake with a 150 hp under carb plate system.. we are pulling the 406 sb out of our 1986 T/A drag car and replacing it with the 6.0 motor... wish that damn intake would hurry and come on the market.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by gomer
Me and my brother are doing something similar but with stock rods (arp bolts), stock crank, diamond pistons, Patriot Stage III LS6 style heads, TSP 231/237 cam, and here's the kicker... GMPP's new single plane carb'd intake with a 150 hp under carb plate system.. we are pulling the 406 sb out of our 1986 T/A drag car and replacing it with the 6.0 motor... wish that damn intake would hurry and come on the market.
That should be unique! Not to hijack my own post, but why the carb setup - some rule against EFI or something? I would think it would be much easier (and make more power) to use the EFI if it is allowed. Just curious.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
That should be unique! Not to hijack my own post, but why the carb setup - some rule against EFI or something? I would think it would be much easier (and make more power) to use the EFI if it is allowed. Just curious.
I have always felt like the "bottleneck" in the gen III engine is the crappy intake. I think that the single plane GMPP intake will be worth a good bit of power over an injected LS6 intake in the upper (5,500+) rpm range. Also the car is already setup with a carb'd fuel system and we just bought a new Race Demon carb this past year. I may be getting my hopes up, but I am expecting the single plane intake to make some killer power on this combo.. btw, we are going to run 13:1 or so compression on it.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by gomer
I have always felt like the "bottleneck" in the gen III engine is the crappy intake. I think that the single plane GMPP intake will be worth a good bit of power over an injected LS6 intake in the upper (5,500+) rpm range. Also the car is already setup with a carb'd fuel system and we just bought a new Race Demon carb this past year. I may be getting my hopes up, but I am expecting the single plane intake to make some killer power on this combo.. btw, we are going to run 13:1 or so compression on it.
I hope it turns out to be everything you expect and more! Keep us posted!