Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help asap please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help asap please!

ok so i visited the dyno to day and im running into a huge problem, first off my car is a 97 camaro z28 i swapped a ls1 from a 01 vette into it, i had a problem wit my tach being off, in Hp tuners i set the tach res from 6 to 3 and it seam to read correct, i had it on the dyno today and the obd2 on the dyno hooked to my car, i kept having a problem with the car hitting the rev limited well long story short the car was hitting the rev limiter at about 6500(in the car where i set it) but on the obd2 on the dyno i was getting a true reading of 5800, ok so its off a little i went it and put the limiter up to the 7000 and ran it again now its hitting in the car at 6900 but on the dyno meter its at 6400 and thats the highest its letting me go, now where i think the problem is, the computers a f body one, i have a vette motor, the reluctor wheel is a 58x in the motor, but the computer is for a 24x, i researched it and figured out theres no way to tune that problem out, the main fix is switching reluctor wheels my question is is there anything i can do to fix it without switching wheels, i heard about a signal box that u can plug and play, or is there a tuning the can do to correct it, also if anyone know if this is why my car is doing this, i believe the computers going off the same rpm as the gauge reads not the actual rpm the dyno is picking up. could the 58x with the f body computer cause this ? any way to fix please help!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i have a 98 ss and mine does the same thing, i read somewhere that gm did that on purpose. i have a autometer tech and does not read the same on the dash. the autometer tach does match the one on my efi live and msd window switch . hope this helps
Old 12-10-2009, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I believe the lingefelfter makes a converter box, check their website!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i researched and it says on line that vettes from 97-04 have 24x wheel as well so idk if thats the problem, no matter what i set the rev limiter it hits at 6100 and wont pass that, have u had this problem as well? what would cause that my rev limiter currently is set at 7000 and still hit the rev limiter at 6100 this is becoming an ongoing problem