Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 05-20-2016, 11:56 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Engine Guides
Print Wikipost

Replaced knock sensor still getting p0327

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced knock sensor still getting p0327

I just replaced my knock sensor in my 2001 camaro ss, which was a pretty big pain to do....But the code came back on my test drive along with a 02 sensor code..What can be causing the knock sensor code? the car drives fine with no abnormal sounds
Old 12-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PO327 Knock sensor 1 circuit low imput bank 1. Did you change the sensor with a new one. You probably did but it could be bad. You will have to tone out the wiring back to the ECM. Check all wiring and make shure the connector prong did not push out of the plastic clip. What is the O2 code???? What side was the Knock sensor on???
Old 12-17-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

I replaced the knock sensor with a new one from autozone, the one that I replaced was the front on closet to the grill..It was connected properly(connection was tight)...The 02 sensor code I am getting is p0135 I believe...What color wiring should I check and what is the easiest way to test it? Thanks
Old 12-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Launching!

look at the wiring closely where its connected 90% of the time its the wiring and not the sensor. water tends to mess the connections up.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:36 AM
TECH Regular

so the wiring on the actual knock sensor itself? Or from the computer? cus I really don't want to remove the intake again just yet
Old 12-18-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

if there is any small amount of corosion on the plug that goes on the knock sensor replace both(wire and sensor), when i do them at work i always replace sensors and wires at same time. that way there you have done the best job possible. if we don't then if the customer come back later on with probleme on the second knock he has to pay for the labour over again. i explain to them first and they always agree. humidity collects down in there, if one goes bad the other one is not far behind.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes it is neither corrosion or a bad knock that will do it, it is the wiring harness either being pinched or wearing in two. I have seen it happen on a few intake installs. The harness will get cut or pinched between the intake and the head and it will ground the wire out, throwing that code. The new harness is not pricey at all. Plus did you use to sealer (RTV) around the knock sensor holes or at the front of the intake to keep the connection/sensor from taking on any more water? I would check it all out again. Really the intake is not much of a pain. Just remember on the back bolts to use clothes pins to hold the back bolts up when you are taking the manifold out, and you will be ok. Working under the cowl is a pain, but is definately do able.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also make sure the knock sensor is torqued properly, the incorrect torque can cause a knock sensor code.. but im guessing in your situation it is a wiring issue like mentioned above..
Old 12-21-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

I did put the rtv sealant around the knock sensor to ensure to oil wouldn't get in there. The connection seemed to be fine with no corrosion, just oil...I might have to go back in there and change out the harness, not looking forward to it...The code went away for two days and decided to come back yesterday...i hope its the harness, what else could it be?
Old 12-21-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the same issue with a new sensor finally after messing around abnd moving the knock sensors around I figured out it was a babatch at autozone so I went to discount same thing again the harness was fine as I checked it with a multimeter finally I went to the stealership and its been fine since..
Old 12-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Launching!

also if you drop a knock sensor they will fail, maybe during transit to you it may have fell on the floor and picked up, also i usually like said above replace both and seal them and install and new harness
Old 01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Mine is throwing the same code.. Will this put the ECM in limp mode.. IE pull timing up top?

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:04 PM
TECH Regular

Well to update my thread..I had the knock sensor that I bought from autozone replaced

yesterday with a genuine gm part along with the harness and the knock sensor code

hasn't come on after 1 1/2 hours of driving and two start ups...The autozone knock

sensor may of been defective becuase it was spinning freely in it's casing, but ill let you

guys know if the code comes back(if you're changing your ks's, get the new one from gm)
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

Dustin, with that code it'll pull a constant 4 degrees of timing.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

how much was the knock sensor from them?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

I payed $110.00 for one knock sensor and wiring harness. I know you can get

them cheaper online but I didn't have the time. And you might as well change

the harness while you're in there rather than going back in later. I did notice

the car drives a whole lot better and feels more responsive and did read that the

computer pulls timing because of that ks code

Last edited by jattgunman; 02-24-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jattgunman
if you're changing your ks's, get the new one from gm
i do this with every sensor on my car, other stuff i'll use from kragen's/autozone but when it comes to sensors i pony up the cash for the GM stuff
Originally Posted by jattgunman
I payed $110.00 for one knock sensor and wiring harness.
wow i get em for cheaper but then again a good buddy of mine is the head parts guy at the stealership
Old 04-18-2010, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Ok I am having the same problem. I noticed it said it could also be low fuel pressure??? has anyone had that be the case?

and jattgunman - is it still working properly after the gm knock sensor was put in? I hope dicount will let me return the knock sensor even after being in the car for a couple weeks.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:37 PM

I had an issue with knock sensor after replacing the sensor three times. In my case, fuel filter was never replaced on my impala, and fuel line was clogged.

2001 Impala
Other symptoms:
Trouble starting
Loss of power
Trouble going up hills.

Quick Reply: Replaced knock sensor still getting p0327