Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock 5.3 advice.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock 5.3 advice.

Hey guys,, i have a stock 5.3 motor that i will be installing in my 98 blazer soon. Im an lt1 guy so dont know alot about the ls motors and am wanting to know what mods can be realistically done on it. Going to be a daily driver family car so dont want to go too radical and am on a tight budget.
Any good bang for the buck mods i can do for not much cash?
Thanks for any info.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh yeah! thats the beauty of these LSX motors, most all parts are interchangeable. ive seen some sweet 5.3s put down some power on a budget. i read about one on a swap that ran a 02 LS6 cam (100 bucks), headers, exhaust, and a tune laid down 330hp to the wheels.

depending on year and all the 5.3 is already around 280 horse, which competes with an LT1.

if your looking for cheap power look into the easy free mods, like coolant bypass, try setting up some kind of cold air/ram air.

the truck intakes have comparable flow numbers to a LS6 so buying a 300 dollar LS6 intake will only be for looks.

i go with what i said earlier, try and find a LS6 cam, some headers, full exhaust, and get it tuned. later id say you can upgrade your heads or cam....get even more!