Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1/ LS2 Swap in 98 ws6

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1/ LS2 Swap in 98 ws6

just wondering what i have to do differently if i put a ls2 in there, like diff motor mounts, wireing harnesses, computer, i dont really know, i have the harnesses in there for the ls1 and what trans should i run, its a six speed car.. just some questions i have help would be appreceated. thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 09:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The LS2 motor will bolt right in. However, make sure it is a 24X reluctor on the crank so it matches your LS1 harness. If it is a 58X reluctor, you will need the box to converter the signal back to 24X. You will need a cam sensor extension harness as well as the knock sensor relocation harness. These move the cam sensor from the back of the motor like on the LS1 to the front timing cover on the LS2. Also, the knock sensors are under the intake on the LS1 and will have to be moved to the outside of the block on the LS2. Other than that it's pretty simple. All your accessories will bolt right up. You will also need a 90/92mm TB to work on the LS2 intake as well as a TB cable bracket. If you go with the LS1/LS6 intake (whichever one you have) you can just bolt it onto the LS2 engine and you are set! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jon

Quick Reply: LS1/ LS2 Swap in 98 ws6