Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bushing lifter bores?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 02:16 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bushing lifter bores?

Just wondering if any LS1/6 guys do this when building a motor.

I had an old school non roller small block in the past that ate camshafts because the lifter bores were outta wack from core shift. I know the LS1 uses a roller lifter and a problem like this might not have such drastic results as a dead camshaft. I've heard from some racers though that bushing the lifter bores and making sure they're aligned right can be worth 15-20hp on some motors.

Is this a problem anyone has noticed on LS1/6 motors? Could this have something to do with "factory freaks" ?

Just kinda curious since I've never heard of this problem with a LS1 but, have experienced it in the past with other motors.

John
Old 12-20-2003, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i dont think that LS1s have that problem very much. the old SBCs, BBCs, and pretty much all odder flat tappet cam motors will need that checked if you want to get the most power out of it but if your only makeing 500hp or so and it is not eating up cams now, it might not be worth the price it takes to do it. the last big block i built needed it also but the machine shop gave me a quote of like $200 to fix all of them. i told him hell no, the block is not worth that much anyways, and it never flatted up a cam. yea i might of had an extra 15hp or so but thats what nirtous is for. you can just spray extra all the hp that you think you might of lost because of little stuff like this hehehehehehehe.

Quick Reply: Bushing lifter bores?