Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much for a CNC Patriot or Absolute Speed heads if you already have 5.3 heads??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 01:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How much for a CNC Patriot or Absolute Speed heads if you already have 5.3 heads??

Hi Everyone! This is my first post on this board. Actually I am a somewhat active member on the camaroz28 and the corvetteforum board.

I am wondering if anyone know how much Patriot or AS charges just for their CNC job and how much they charge for a CNC job and loaded head. I actually just got a really cheap set of 5.3 castings from somewhere else. I just need the CNC price rather then buying a set that was new from them. I am guessing Patriot will have the best price, but just curious for both.

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2003, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by ackman
Hi Everyone! This is my first post on this board. Actually I am a somewhat active member on the camaroz28 and the corvetteforum board.

I am wondering if anyone know how much Patriot or AS charges just for their CNC job and how much they charge for a CNC job and loaded head. I actually just got a really cheap set of 5.3 castings from somewhere else. I just need the CNC price rather then buying a set that was new from them. I am guessing Patriot will have the best price, but just curious for both.

Thanks!
Give me a call me when you can to discuss your options.Thanks, Terry
Old 12-26-2003, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Here's a link to Absolutes 2.5 their best 5.3 cylinder head

http://www.absolutespeedls1.net/page2.html

Here's a link to Absolutes other heads

http://www.absolutespeedls1.net/index.html

For a 5.3 application I think the TEA 1.5's might be well worth a serious look too and it'd be worth calling TEA too while looking for new heads.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Teching In

I spoke to terry about the whole thing and lets just say I will definately be getting the heads done from him. He gave me a killer price on them, plus he even spoke to me on the phone about my different options and possible cam selections, if I milled them a little, like .015-.030. I would like to be at or over 11:1 compression and with a little shaved off I will be right there.

He said that the custom ground cam I want to run will be a little tight, but should work. I have been doing my homework on different cams that people have been doing and I think I might have come up with a new "Magic Stick" that should still have awsome street manors and hopefully make some big numbers too.

Hmmm lets see....6spd Vette, custom air induction sytem, add in the new nitto drag radials 305-35-18's in the back, the 4.10's with the hardened output shafts that are going in, a new ram 910 clutch and adjustable master, Patriot Stage 2 heads, my own custom grind cam, the NX 150 wetshot, 36# SVO injectors that I am going to rob out of my Z-28 (I'm going to upgrade it to some SVO 42's or maybe the new 57's) and of course a dyno tuning day with my buddy "Dyno Steve". If I can keep it on the track I should be able to run low 10's easy. Crossing my fingers for 430-450 WRHP NA and 600 RWHP from the 150 shot on top of that.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:11 PM
TECH Veteran

ackman sent you a pm.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ackman
Crossing my fingers for 430-450 WRHP NA and 600 RWHP from the 150 shot on top of that.
If you want to make 600 RWHP on a 150 shot you need 2.05 and 1.60 valves and a nitrous exhuast port. You gonna bring that thing to Bowling Green sometime in 2004?
Old 12-28-2003, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

My heads are not cnc'd, all my heads are hand ported custom to each customers set up. If you want a set of heads ported to your cam and nitrous set up theres onlyone place to call. Also not to pat myself on the back but there is no other company with as many 440,450,460 even 470 rwhp n.a. y and f bodies, so if your looking for 430-450 rear wheel you dont have to cross your fingers to hard, Ive been doing that with a4's. Dont forgett to call for competitive pricing
Jay{absolute}516-987-9392
Old 12-28-2003, 09:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ackerman,

Did you see this thread?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...4&page=3&pp=20

I would favor TEA or Absolute at this point personally...but of course it's your car and you should to with what your comfortable with.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by absolute
My heads are not cnc'd, all my heads are hand ported custom to each customers set up. If you want a set of heads ported to your cam and nitrous set up theres onlyone place to call. Also not to pat myself on the back but there is no other company with as many 440,450,460 even 470 rwhp n.a. y and f bodies, so if your looking for 430-450 rear wheel you dont have to cross your fingers to hard, Ive been doing that with a4's. Dont forgett to call for competitive pricing
Jay{absolute}516-987-9392
Hey Jay,
I will give you a call on hopefully Monday sometime to see what kind of a deal you can work out for me. I know your stuff is always consistantly good. Right now I am kinda in the info and price gathering phase. I am one of those kinda rare guys that does his homework and rechecks it a few times before buying the cow so to speak. And yes I know how to use the "search" option. You would be supprised just how much info you can find this way. Amazing how many people are lazy and don't do any research and just post questions that have been answered like 200 times!

To Brian,
I am going to call you as well too to see what you have to offer to me as well. I am not sure if I am going to make it down to Bowling Green or not. Frankly I am not sure if everything is going to be totally complete this year or not. I have a lot of things on my plate with my house and stuff. I am a one man band here, you know the usual yardwork, remodeling, yada... yada.... I would love to though, I guess we will see. Not to sound stupid, but do you guys have a good track down there?? Up here are tracks kinda stink. As to respect the heads, I would like to keep it the usual 2.02 and 1.57's just so I don't kill my NA torque etc as I most of the time will be not spraying around town, plus I don't want to have to rev the snot of of it to get any power. Basically I am going for a "Damian" type setup, just adding a 150 or so shot on top of that for fun at the track.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

ackman, You did a search and still want to get the patriots. look again people are lossing power and not making much more than 10 hp with them. some guys are pulling them off and going with tea's. In your case I would look into the GTP,s and absolutes if you want to make the power you are looking for or else your just going to be another post on why your car doesnt make 400 hp. Good luck with your house
Old 12-28-2003, 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ne14a6t9
ackman, You did a search and still want to get the patriots. look again people are lossing power and not making much more than 10 hp with them. some guys are pulling them off and going with tea's. In your case I would look into the GTP,s and absolutes if you want to make the power you are looking for or else your just going to be another post on why your car doesnt make 400 hp. Good luck with your house
I would LOVE to know your other user name on this board, because you don't use this one for ANYTHING technical, only bullshit. Also, your comments have NOTHING to do with this guys question "How Much for a CNC Patriot or Absolute Speed heads if you already have 5.3 heads". Your comments the past few days have assured you first place in LS1 tech's "The assclown of the year award".
Old 12-28-2003, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ne14a6t9
Back what two days and already away again.

He has my voted for ***-clown of the year too.

Gomer, ever wonder if that's PSJ's screen name for trolling?
Old 12-28-2003, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Back what two days and already away again.

He has my voted for ***-clown of the year too.

Gomer, ever wonder if that's PSJ's screen name for trolling?

LMFAO, I thought about that, but PSJ cares too much about making sure people get correct info. Whoever this guy is manipulates and twists things around in a way to make others look bad. PSJ wouldn't do that. But I'm sure PSJ could check his IP addy and tell us who he is. That would be funny
Old 12-28-2003, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your right not PSJ...maybe Terry Burger...no it can't be Terry he's to smart to post lame drivel that comes from the anti-CNC troll.