Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP !! LS1 H/C swap(Block Issue Also =s !!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP !! LS1 H/C swap(Block Issue Also =s !!)

99 camaro z28 LS1 FULL WEIGHT

17" x 9.5 255 45 front
18" x 10.5rim's6 315 45 rear
6 speed, .373 gears, stage 4 Clutch Master 6 Puk disc
MSD wire's

Otherwise BONE STOCK:

Looking at TSP Head's & Cam Package

Precision LS6 2.5 heads 64cc
MS4 114
tsp ls6 ported oil pump
ls2 double roller timing chain
fast intake 92 / N.W 92 tb
TSP long tube headers 1 7/8" + (o2 bungs) + 3"cutout + Magnaflow
ASP Harmonic Balancer AC & Accessory Belt + Arp Bolt

PUSHRODS LENGTH ???? CANT FIGURE ??

WHAT TO DO WITH THE STOCK BLOCK =S ??

INJECTORS size & Brand ..... ??

Expected Dyno Number's ???

How Durable is the setup were should i expect the wear & tear ??

Got enough talk's from here & there but now it's time to BUY NOT Guessing.
thankyou in Advance
Old 02-15-2010, 10:25 PM
9 Second Club

What questions are you asking how much power it will make. You can use the stock pushrod length it will not change.
And what is the block questions?
With that cam you will have to have someone tune it and you need to get valve springs good up to 650 lift
Old 02-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
What questions are you asking how much power it will make. You can use the stock pushrod length it will not change.
And what is the block questions?
With that cam you will have to have someone tune it and you need to get valve springs good up to 650 lift
Powerwise .... should it take me to the 500+ rwhp ?? expected torque ??
the package already includes spring up to .660 lift with titan retainer's

what are my option's for the block ??? should i swap to an LS3 .... or 383 rotat Assem ??

would help to know the best durable sugesstion's =)
thank you
Old 02-15-2010, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That will make nowhere near 500+...maybe at the flywheel. You could always go with a larger engine. Ask texas speed about pushrod length...they'll be able to help.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your looking for that combo, I hate to say it fella. But look into a rear if you don't have one. The 10 bolt wont last long at all.
36# injectors with a fuel pump should do you about good. If you plan on spray in the near future, then bump up to 42#ers to be on the safe side. As for pushrods, you should always measure.
The MS4 on a 114 is going to be a really tight fit but it can be done. You'll make somewhere in the 450whp region. But you are going to need a really good tuner to break 450 though. With how high you are going to want to spin the motor, I would also suggest rod bolts. Other than that, that is about as tough as you can make the stock motor without forging it. Just remember the MS4 is a max effort cam and you are asking about how reliable it will be.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Launching!

its going to need a fuel pump and injector for sure and the 10 bolt will be inpieces soon i just recently finished a 383 build with ported and polished ls6 heads and the ms4 cam not sure of the power though the local tuner darren blanchard dosent have a dyno yet but seems to be the best in louisiana in my opinion and all of my friends. We are hoping by the time he get the fast 92/92 combo and the n20 that darren will have a dyno so we can see sum numbers. but wer are guestimating around high 500s. i think your asking to much out of the stock cube 346 without dumping some serious money into it
Old 02-16-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaperchild
99 camaro z28 LS1 FULL WEIGHT

17" x 9.5 255 45 front
18" x 10.5rim's6 315 45 rear
6 speed, .373 gears, stage 4 Clutch Master 6 Puk disc
MSD wire's

Otherwise BONE STOCK:

Looking at TSP Head's & Cam Package

Precision LS6 2.5 heads 64cc
MS4 114
tsp ls6 ported oil pump
ls2 double roller timing chain
fast intake 92 / N.W 92 tb
TSP long tube headers 1 7/8" + (o2 bungs) + 3"cutout + Magnaflow
ASP Harmonic Balancer AC & Accessory Belt + Arp Bolt

Well....The stage 2.5 heads wont clear that cam because the bigger 2.5 valve cause PTV issues.... BTW the LS2 chain is a single roller but stronger than the LS1 chain it replaced.

PUSHRODS LENGTH ???? CANT FIGURE ??

More than likely 7.4 but you should still measure. BTW OEM are 7.385 but you will need slighyly longer to make up for the smaller base circle on the cam.

WHAT TO DO WITH THE STOCK BLOCK =S ??

Huh? How much cash do you have to drop

INJECTORS size & Brand ..... ??

Ford SVO 30#'s (Red tops) flow 36# at our fuel pressure and used go for around $125 on here. Some 42's would work too. Stock fuel pump is fine at your power.

Expected Dyno Number's ???

440ish

How Durable is the setup were should i expect the wear & tear ??

Ultimately it is how hard you beat on the car....Well I don't see year but if you are 01-02 you have a little bit better rod bearings so the bottom end holds better at high RPM's so that helps. You will be spinning that cam to 6800-7000k One reason I picked my cam is because it peaks earlier and didn't want to worry about spinning a bearing or valve float issues. Those are pretty intense high lift lobes so count on at least pulling a few springs and checking pressure very 10-12k

Got enough talk's from here & there but now it's time to BUY NOT Guessing.
thankyou in Advance
You should add lifters and LS2 lifter trays to your list. You will also need fluids, a gasket set and new head bolts.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Launching!

you should call matt at tsp he will answer all your q's after all it is his stuff you want to buy why would you ask any one eles?

i have there prc 215 heads with a trqv3 ls6 intake and 36 injectors and made 440 to the wheels and 423 tq
Old 02-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Would like to thank you all for your advice =) & sugesstion's .... I spoke to tsp -Matt for a shipping qoute for the Item's & i wanted a push from the people who have seen it done .... soo long ls1 ..... time for an LS3 i suppose =D .... will surely try posting up the update's .....
Old 02-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by 99LS1Bird
its going to need a fuel pump and injector for sure and the 10 bolt will be inpieces soon i just recently finished a 383 build with ported and polished ls6 heads and the ms4 cam not sure of the power though the local tuner darren blanchard dosent have a dyno yet but seems to be the best in louisiana in my opinion and all of my friends. We are hoping by the time he get the fast 92/92 combo and the n20 that darren will have a dyno so we can see sum numbers. but wer are guestimating around high 500s. i think your asking to much out of the stock cube 346 without dumping some serious money into it
LOCAL TUNER's here are like 3rd grader's doing Harvered Examz ..... 1 succeeded with a bit of luck & all of a sudden he's got a dyno =s

Not a Dyno Racer ..... A street monster is my build .... should i just send the PCM to texas speed ..... or not be worth it without the car ??