Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TFS steam holes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default TFS steam holes?

dose trick flow 220 cast head have steam holes for use with a ls1 coolant line?
Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

valve job on the leaky #241 ,new #243 from SDPC $900,TFS 220cc cast ,which and why? do TFS heads have steam holes for coolant lines?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, they have the holes for the coolant lines on both ends of the heads, but I think all LS cathedral heads have the holes.

I would get the as cast TFS, with a couple of hours of hand work they will make close to the same power as the full CNC TFS heads for a lot less money. Plus you have thicker decks for power adders, custom Ferrea valves, some of the best springs ever put on a mass produced LS head, titanium retainers, very high quality machine work, how can you go wrong?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

thanks ,I went to their website and it said no steam holes,maybe I read it wrong.I think they are good heads,I am also worried they will make too much power and strain my stock rear end.I will go with a small converter .
Old 03-14-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Yes, they have the holes for the coolant lines on both ends of the heads, but I think all LS cathedral heads have the holes.

I would get the as cast TFS, with a couple of hours of hand work they will make close to the same power as the full CNC TFS heads for a lot less money. Plus you have thicker decks for power adders, custom Ferrea valves, some of the best springs ever put on a mass produced LS head, titanium retainers, very high quality machine work, how can you go wrong?

LOVE it Brian Mine were ordered with the handwork a couple weeks ago... Can't wait to get'em on and at the track while the weather is still cool