My mods are:
PRC Stage 3 Heads
Vengeance VRX4 Cam
LG Street Longtubes
Fast 92 Intake
Ported LS2 Throttle Body
Racetronix Fuel Pump Kit
other boltons...

I've only let the car run for about 15 minutes but if I let it idle for more than 20-30 seconds the check engine light will flash (dead miss) but then I rev it up a little bit and it clears it. I don't see any way that it could foul a plug that quickly but the fuel fumes are heavy. It is indoors but you can't hardly stand behind it without the fumes burning your eyes. I gapped the plugs (TR5) at .035, should I open them up to .045 and see if that helps any?

Also I imagine it may be over fueling now but should I upgrade my injectors for when I get it tuned, I don't want to drive 6 hours to Vengeance and not have enough injector to get tuned in properly.

Im gonna pull a plug out of it tomorrow and check it then im going to hook up our Snap-On scanner, it wont tell me everything but I can track the cylinders and read a/f. I'll try to post up what I find but any info will help! THANKS!
Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would check with Ron. Dont get the injectors prior to tuning. Well, you could get them, just dont install and drive. What is the stock gap on those plugs? I know most people take them out of the box and drop them in straight up after checking the gap.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya I asked him too but I know hes busy and might take a couple of days to reply.. done called them about tuning earler and didn't wanna bother them too much.

And with the injectors I just don't want the car to be held up in their shop waiting for some new injectors at shop price when I could find a good deal on some here and have them ready... Just trying to get the car lined out as best I can before sending it off.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:07 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats easily understood. I would do the same in your shoes.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run that cam, its a bad little ******...
post up what kind of numbers you put down...
Old 03-23-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Buy the injectors if you can get a good deal on them just dont install them till you get there. You will wash down the cylinder walls. I have that cam also and love it. Pulls very good for what I have done. Im sure you are gonna love it!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Just an update,

I pulled the plugs out and regapped to .060, car will idle at 1k with good throttle response and no check engine lights but if I let it idle for more than about 30 seconds the idle drops lightly like 900 or so and it hesitates just for a sec when you give it throttle. Dunno if that may be something that will be worked out in the tune or something that im missing. Still fuel smoking pretty heavily.

I put a set of TR5 plugs in temporarily because Advance was sold out of everything else, could the TR5's be the problem? Thought about switching them out for TR6 or Autolites if they ever get any in stock.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:49 AM
10 Second Club

TTT t
Old 03-26-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aarontracy
Just an update,

I pulled the plugs out and regapped to .060, car will idle at 1k with good throttle response and no check engine lights but if I let it idle for more than about 30 seconds the idle drops lightly like 900 or so and it hesitates just for a sec when you give it throttle. Dunno if that may be something that will be worked out in the tune or something that im missing. Still fuel smoking pretty heavily.

I put a set of TR5 plugs in temporarily because Advance was sold out of everything else, could the TR5's be the problem? Thought about switching them out for TR6 or Autolites if they ever get any in stock.
Yea thats in the tune, the computer is still freakin out about the new valve events that are happening.

Plugs should be fine.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Just talked to Ron, he is going to get me a base tune for my pcm. He said it should get it in the ballpark. Gonna keep my fingers crossed, Hope to put a scanner on it tomorrow though and figure out what exactly is going on.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

back up top...

I just put in some TR6 plugs and took the coil packs off my Tahoe on it, I heard you can get more power out of them so I figured I'd give it a try. Car is still missing out, the light is flashing again and only really clears up when you get on it. I hope this tune clears everything up, but anyone got any suggestions?