Sponsored by:

Running on 7 cylinders? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Running on 7 cylinders? Please help

Hey guys, so heres the long story, that I wil try to make short:

Just got the car up and running with the New 370ci, and APS twins, and I make the drive to SoCal, and get it tuned, and on the drive back up, just going 65mph, 5th gear, 2K rpm, it just starts to run like Crap! So I pull over, and am looking at everything, and nothing jumps out at me, and then I start thinking, that it is actingly and behaving ALOT like if it was running on 7 cylinders.

So I limp it home, and start looking at stuff:

Replace all my plugs with new ones, and then I use an Inline spark tester on every plug, and it lights on every last one of them. The fuel system is Brand new (including rails and injectors). I have looked over every connection that would be involved with the coil packs, they all seem good.

My friend suggested that maybe one of the coils is weak, and it can make this stupid light go off, but not light a plug. Maybe? I might try to pick up a coil and move it around.

But anyways, the engine shakes back and forth semi-bad, and it will stutter alot when you try to free-rev or start driving in 1st gear.

Only code I have, is P0327 (Knock Sensor Circuit Low Voltage) Pending - Immature

Thats what it says on my HpTuners. Im not sure what immature means. I also dont know if this happened at the same time I had problems, I havent cleared the codes yet, to see if P0327 will pop back up.

But anyways, no P0300, O2 readings seem fine, only thing is, is when I started it about 15 mins ago and free revved a little, and was scanning, I got 1* of KR for about 2 seconds, and then never again.

Could you guys lend a helping hand? Maybe crank position sensor? How do you test a coil? (Heard about measuring the resistance of them)

I highly doubt its an injector, they are literally like 2 weeks old. But any help you guys could offer, I would REALLY appreciate. I got to enjoy my turbo car for ONE day, and then this.

Quick Reply: Running on 7 cylinders? Please help