Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 02:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV Conversion

I am installing an LS6 intake on my car and I was wondering if I should go ahead and do the LS6 PCV conversion at the same time. Here is the link http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=18. Should I do it or is it a bad idea and if it is a good idea how hard would it be.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:19 AM
jmX
TECH Junkie

Well, its not a bad idea, but many haven't seen an elimination of oil consumption. On my own car it was definitly reduced, but not eliminated. For as cheap as it was to do, I personally feel it was worth it. The engine bay is cleaned up a bit by the fact that there isn't a long PCV hose in there anymore, but that is just a small side benifit.

As for how hard it would be, you saw the article....thats it right there in print step by step. Of the tons of people that have done it via those instructions, I havent had anybody tell me it was difficult to do.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2000WhiteTA
I am installing an LS6 intake on my car and I was wondering if I should go ahead and do the LS6 PCV conversion at the same time. Here is the link http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=18. Should I do it or is it a bad idea and if it is a good idea how hard would it be.
I just did it tonight. If you have the intake manifold off anyway, it'll only be about another 1/2 hour. Just make sure not to get any metal dust in the enginer.

Some people say it's fixed their oil in the intake problem completely, others say it hasn't helped at all. It's nice getting rid of the PCV hoses, though.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:20 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did it on my car last weekend during a head swap. It's easy, and only cost me about $50 for the new valley. Even if it doesn't help much it cleans up the engine bay a little.