Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couple questions on engine build

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 12:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default couple questions on engine build

ok here is my plan and i would like opinions and suggestions on it. up until recently my car was gonna be my dd for the next probally 1-2years until i could comfortably buy a dd. well im gettin a great deal on an s10 for dd duty so i have a delema i can now build my t/a how i want over the next year and not worry about it being down. i want to build a street/strip car mainly street i want to be able to drive anywhere with no problems. my engine has 150000 on it after i make a couple passes with my new setup i plan to pull the motor and tare it down and see how bad the cylinders are if they arent bad and i can get away with re-ringing it that is what i will do and replace all bearings, also replacing all bolts with arp. if it is too far gona and will need a major overhaul i will just go with a 6.0. i plan on getting a set of 243's and hand porting them. i need advice on a cam though as stated it will have to be streetable so nothing too radical.i will probally go with just an ls6 intake and upgrade injectors and my fuel pump.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

If im reading this right u want to mod it then tear it down to see the condition? Dont make any sense if your that concerned tear it down now, then build it how u want. Or throw the heads and cam on and run it till it blows. And as far as a cam goes i would recomend a tsunami imo
Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

no i already have the mods done and what i have was gonna be it till i got a dd. now that im getting a dd i want to make a couple runs just to see where im at then im gonna tare it apart. im not really worried about the motor but im in a position to make it better.