Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got a torquer2 speedo video?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 02:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a torquer2 speedo video?

I have a few threads up, did an engine build about 2 months ago & have been having problems here and there (the shop that did my build, had no idea what they were doing), anyways, been working issues out over the past few weeks, have a base tune for the torquer2. The mods in my signature are what my "build" consisted of. Anyways, I def by no means feel i got what i paid for, was hoping someone on here would have a speedo video of what the torquer2 did in their car. I know its a long shot, just want to see for myself what others seen from it. I've tried finding videos everywhere and no luck, just sound clips. Thanks in advanced
Old 04-14-2010, 03:17 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still not sure why it's called a "torquer". That's a bit misleading as it doesn't make insane torque as the name would imply.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would get the car to the track and see what it does. I too was not satisfied after my cam swap two years ago. I initially had the car tuned by a guy locally and it ran like garbage. I was running the same times I did when the car was just bolt ons. I since have had it retuned by a shop, it put down 387/384 on their dyno and it did pick up some nice mph at the track but still running bolt on times trapping in the 113's on street tires spinning in 1st and part of 2nd.

Point is, take it to the track and see what it runs man and go from there. Good luck on figuring it out.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

any takers on the video? Also... i took the car back to my tuner today, to find out the map sensor is barely reading, its reading at 10 ... all the time, brought it back home, and a buddy of my came over to help swap out the map sensor, and found that all the wires are messed up. My tuner and him both told me, it could hold me back 100hp with it running incorrectly being in limp mode. I'm hoping thats true and tomarrow I will be smiling, did anyone ever have a similar problem?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Not exactly a torquer 2 but it's my setup. Custom 224 cam, 243 heads, ls6 intake, no underdrive made 411 rwhp. Should be real close to what you make, but mines more of a "torquer" cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2GC7TteQDY
Old 04-16-2010, 02:04 AM
On The Tree

Thats a good video, thank you. The Map wires being fried was def a major problem, after rewiring it up today, made a hell of a difference. I havent quite given it all its got just yet as I'm a little leary where my max safe shift point is. I'd like to get mine up on the dyno asap but I need to put money towards in intake manifold first. I'll try to post a video of mine up tomarrow if weather permits