Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Torquer v2, 110 LSA or 112 LSA

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 03:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TSP Torquer v2, 110 LSA or 112 LSA

For a street driven car, is it better to have the 110 LSA or the 112 LSA, what are the differences? i will also be adding a set of trick flow 25cc gen X heads at the same time. i will drive it on the street more then the track, but i live around a bunch of mustangs and a few cobras, so i need the extra omph on the street
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't get the Torquer if you're gonna be on the street mostly...

You'd have more usable power if you stuck to a cam under 230 duration.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never understand why people spend an assload of money on a heads/cam package and settle for an off the shelf grind.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VincesSS
I never understand why people spend an assload of money on a heads/cam package and settle for an off the shelf grind.
Agreed. For an extra $25, a custom cam can be spec'd to your specific setup. Would you rather buy a suit off the rack, or have it tailored to your body type?

^Disclaimer: I am not attempting to start/rehash the debate of custom/shelf grind cam.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VincesSS
my brother said the same thing. is there anyone that is an expert of master of the trade that i should talk to to get a custom spec cam? cause sure i want power from my swap, but i want most of it in the 2000-4000 range. that is where i want my torque to shine. any suggestions, i really like the new lobe design on the Comp Cams LSR cam...do you think they will custom grind one based off those lobes? does anybody have any experience with those lobes?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

From what I have heard pat G i think he is a member on here but he specs some pretty good cams. I have never talked to him/ I might be off on who he is but I read alot of Pat G custom cam stuff. Also Texas-speed is a good company to call. They will tell you exactly what to do.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

I would contact Pat G. He is a very nice guy and can spec you out the perfect cam for whatever you are looking for. https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=210. Here the link to some contact info for him. Best of luck to you.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trans_am7935
For a street driven car, is it better to have the 110 LSA or the 112 LSA, what are the differences? i will also be adding a set of trick flow 25cc gen X heads at the same time. i will drive it on the street more then the track, but i live around a bunch of mustangs and a few cobras, so i need the extra omph on the street
The 110 will idle "rougher" they will both be within a few hp +- a few
Old 04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my brother said the same thing. is there anyone that is an expert of master of the trade that i should talk to to get a custom spec cam? cause sure i want power from my swap, but i want most of it in the 2000-4000 range. that is where i want my torque to shine. any suggestions, i really like the new lobe design on the Comp Cams LSR cam...do you think they will custom grind one based off those lobes? does anybody have any experience with those lobes?

Yeah they will custom grind you one. The EPS lobes are said to be similiar so maybe get hold of them..... Or get hold of Patrick G on here and have him spec you one.......
Old 04-27-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The 112 will have a little more low-end power, the 110 will make a few more horses, but at the top of the power band. And as mentioned the 110 will lope a lot harder. so choose based on that... DD=112 & track car or loping monster = 110. The advice to get a custom cam is what you should follow though...
Old 04-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Teching In

I as well was interested in the Torquer 2 , But now after reading this thread im not so sure. I know ppl dont want to get into a battle of shelf vs custom. But it would be interesting to hear the pros and cons of them both. Specially for people like me (with little to no cam experience). As this will be my first cam.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

223/223 .636/.636 on 110+2 is what I'm runnin
Old 04-27-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FUN LS1
The 112 will have a little more low-end power, the 110 will make a few more horses, but at the top of the power band.
Incorrect. Quite the opposite actually.

The more narrow the LSA/ICL (lower), the more the powerband is shifted downwards and becomes more "peaky". The tigher the LSA/ICL (higher), the higher the powerband (will also be a broader curve).
Old 04-27-2010, 04:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

LSA and ICL are by products of properly specced valve events. A cam specced with the proper valve events will achieve the results of where you desire your power. It's not as simple as 112 vs 110 LSA. 112 vs 110 is not the difference between a daily driver and a "loping monster". Give me a break, get real guys.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by guns77
I as well was interested in the Torquer 2 , But now after reading this thread im not so sure. I know ppl dont want to get into a battle of shelf vs custom. But it would be interesting to hear the pros and cons of them both. Specially for people like me (with little to no cam experience). As this will be my first cam.
Start with what you want. There is nothing wrong with the Tv2. its out there for a reason... because it works. Im sure 20 people will start bashing me for saying that but oh well. I've just never had a cam so I want to start with a Tv2 then I when i get one speced I will know of what I want. At this point I have no idea what I want so I would be no help in answering the questions of what I want in a cam. This way I can be like yeah I liked the Tv2 but I need a little more up top or need a little more down low. Just stuff like that. This of course is just my opinion.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Custom cams sound like the way to go. However am I skeptical of everything that comes from online sources, especially from someone you don't know personally. That's why I looked to go with an off the shelf cam so you have dyno charts to hold people accountable for. But from the looks of things, alot of these guys are putting down some great numbers with there custom cams. Im just skeptical due to that fact no one else most likely will have the same cam and setup, therefore less likely to know for sure how much power your going to put down when its all said and done. Just something to think about man. Good luck!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Austinma62
Custom cams sound like the way to go. However am I skeptical of everything that comes from online sources, especially from someone you don't know personally. That's why I looked to go with an off the shelf cam so you have dyno charts to hold people accountable for. But from the looks of things, alot of these guys are putting down some great numbers with there custom cams. Im just skeptical due to that fact no one else most likely will have the same cam and setup, therefore less likely to know for sure how much power your going to put down when its all said and done. Just something to think about man. Good luck!
You cant look at a Cam like that. People can spec out cams because they know what will cause the motor to do what and when. That isn't it though, it comes down to all of the other components and the tune. You can throw a cam and heads on that might add 90rwhp to one car but if it isn't tuned the best you might not get close to that. There are alot of other factors that go into getting the numbers. Nobody can be held accountable for not producing numbers that it should.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Ok so what your sayin is . It really boils down to if some can tune whatever cam you decide to sick in your vehicle? No matter the cam?
You can throw a cam and heads on that might add 90rwhp to one car but if it isn't tuned the best you might not get close to that.
. If that is the case would a custom cam be easier to tune than say a Torquer v2. Not trying to be a smart *** just trying to make the best decision. After all I want to be happy after spending 1k . Thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by guns77
Ok so what your sayin is . It really boils down to if some can tune whatever cam you decide to sick in your vehicle? No matter the cam? . If that is the case would a custom cam be easier to tune than say a Torquer v2. Not trying to be a smart *** just trying to make the best decision. After all I want to be happy after spending 1k . Thanks
no thats not what I was saying at all.... A good tuner should be able to tune any cam. I was simply replying to his reasoning on not wanting to get a custom cam. He was saying he likes to have dyno sheets so he can hold them accountable for how much power it will make. Im saying that a proven set up might not even make the power that say TSP got when they installed and tuned it. Thats all I was saying. Custom cam would be better in the sense that it will perform how you want it. A cam that will get you down the track fastest might not do the best on the street. Torquer v2 is a good cam in general. It will do ok on the strip and can be driven on the street. In the end though it also comes down to a tune. People run MS4s on the street everyday because they have a good tune. So the custom cam you get might not make the most power but it could perform very well on the streets...
Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lambert695
no thats not what I was saying at all.... A good tuner should be able to tune any cam. I was simply replying to his reasoning on not wanting to get a custom cam. He was saying he likes to have dyno sheets so he can hold them accountable for how much power it will make. Im saying that a proven set up might not even make the power that say TSP got when they installed and tuned it. Thats all I was saying. Custom cam would be better in the sense that it will perform how you want it. A cam that will get you down the track fastest might not do the best on the street. Torquer v2 is a good cam in general. It will do ok on the strip and can be driven on the street. In the end though it also comes down to a tune. People run MS4s on the street everyday because they have a good tune. So the custom cam you get might not make the most power but it could perform very well on the streets...
I agree totally with what your saying. My point is with a custom cam, you don't know how well its going to perform(cause no one has done that before) versus a cam that has a well known rep.

Quick Reply: TSP Torquer v2, 110 LSA or 112 LSA