Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need help!

Today, I put in my T-rex cam, changed my valve springs, pushrods, and rocker arms. Everything was going perfectly until I torqued down my last rocker arm. The rocker arm had play in it after it was torqued down, every other rocker arm installed correctly but this one. I check all the pushrods to make sure they were the same length and I checked all the rocker arms, everything looks good. It is almost acting like the lifter is collapsed but I don't see how this could be, the motor was running fine before the swap of parts. Before I take the head off to look at the lifter i was wondering if anyone has an idea of what is going on?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If the cam was on the base circle and you torqued it down, and it has alot of play IMMEDIATELY then there is a problem, If you torqued it and then checked it a minute later, then the lifter could have just bled off enough to cause the play, may not be a problem at all, Or could be as you stated could be a collapsed lifter, If everything was fine before the swap I would think it just may have bled off some.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rotate the engine with a breaker bar and as you are doing that watch the valves open and close. When you stop rotating the engine and a valve comes to the open position, you can physically watch the lifters bleed off. You will see the valve start to close by itself. That's the lifters bleeding off. If the valve in question doesn't seem to do that as much as the others, or at all, it's most likely collapsed.