Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Generation III Internal Engine
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Generation III Internal Engine
1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by
Texas Speed & Performance

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 04-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default 862 casting number. heads

Off a 2004 5.3 liter. The casting numbers are 862, does anyone know the specs for these heads? Combustion chambers. Valve sizes. Anything that would help. Wanting to see if I buy these and port and Polish them if they would be much better than my stock 4.8 liter heads off 2008 4.8. Any help would b appreciated
08 silverado z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:29 AM   #2
ЯєŧąяĐ Єlímíиąŧ°я Ö
2001 Pontiac Trans Am
My Garage

Trader Rating: 18
Send a message via AIM to orangeapeel Send a message via MSN to orangeapeel Send a message via Yahoo to orangeapeel

They will all end up flowing about the same in the end due to the CNC program being pretty much identical on all the LS1 style heads. The 4.8 heads probably have a smaller runner though thinking more about it...
Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

So the 862's ported will definitely better than the imported 4.8's? I mean yes that makes sense LOL! Do you know anything about combustion chamber sizes? I need to get a compression ratio
08 silverado z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 3

You should take a look at the casting number on the heads that are on your motor. You should either have an 862 casting or a 799. If there is an 862 casting on the motor right now then obviously you have just purchased the same thing. If it is a 799 casting it is actually and LS6 head which will flow a little better then a 862 casting will once ported. 4.8l motors don't have heads specifically made for them, the runner will be same size as on a 5.3l truck head.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Sales4@Texas-Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
48, 53, 862, casting, castings, engines, flow, gm, head, heads, liter, ls1, ls1tech, number, numbers, specs, stock