Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to lsx's and have some questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to lsx's and have some questions.....

I am starting out with a 53k mi LS1 out of a 2001 Z28 and putting it in place of my current 383 LTX Nitrous setup. I would like to just do a basic H/C setup for a while till I build a stronger setup. How much nitrous can the stock bottom end take regularly? If I build a stroker in the near future would it be wise to stay with the aluminum block or round up a steel block? Are the ported l76/l92's worth anything as far as a stock casting? Looking at the 402 setup from TSP, sounds like a pretty solid start.

I apologize if these questions are redundant in the forum however I would like a straight answer from someone who has first hand experience with the questions I have posed.

Derek
Old 05-06-2010, 05:33 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We usually cut the line at a 150 shot for the stock bottom ends. I know there are a number of guys out there spraying more, but thats where we stop for safety. Stock bottom end LS1's usually start to give out around 600rwhp.
Whether you stay with the aluminum block or the iron block is pretty much up to you. There is about a 70lb difference between iron and aluminum. You would have to push well over 1000hp to worry about breaking the aluminum block.
Ported L92's are definately worth something over a stock casting, they have a huge intake valve and runner which ups flow quite a bit. Just remember they have to be on a 4" bore or larger. Feel free to give us a call, or email at the shop and we can answer any questions you have.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome reply... Exactly what I was looking for. You guys will be hearing from me shortly