Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help/advice...my car is having issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help/advice...my car is having issues

Ok, so I have a '99 Z28 A4, running a 3200 stall, cam, long tubes, full exhaust yada yada...
Lately... my car has been a little flaky.... I will be driving around and when I start off from a dead stop or something and give it a little throttle the car feels like it has no power whatsoever. Its like the rpms just kinda stick.. I give it more gas and it all of a sudden will just kinda wake up and then accelerate normal....Basically when the car is at a low throttle it acts like I’m not giving it any and when I give it full throttle it runs perfect! If the car is acting up, I will even put it into neutral and it will still rev like I was explaining. A few extra facts to throw in this mess.... The car will go days and not act up. then one day it will do this all day..... ALSO on really rainy days it tends to do this VERY badly.....
I took the car into a tranny shop and the guy told me he couldn't find a single thing wrong.... It's kind of a pain in the *** because it's hit and miss. I hate taking it to a shop just to have them guess at it.....Do you guys have ANY advice or similar symptoms????

The car has 67xxx miles on it. and only started acting like this in the last few months......

your advice would be appreciated!!!!

Last edited by z28landon; 05-30-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dirty air filter, blocked up CAT
Old 05-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think my brother had a similar issue in his GTA a long time ago, and it turned out to be the TPS sensor. He power washed his engine bay and got the high pressure nozzle too close, knocked it a bit.

But also in the LS car I do wonder if the MAF could cause this. Normally with a bad MAF it's obvious, but the LS engine has the ability to run in either MAF tune OR SD tune and it could be compensating for the out of range MAF readings under throttle and running fine in SD? I'm not good with sensors, just a thought.