Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LPE GT-1 CAM Install - Y-pipe and SFCs in (PICS and VID)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up LPE GT-1 CAM Install - Y-pipe and SFCs in (PICS and VID)

Well, I went to our local muffler shop, Graves Muffler, and got them to weld up a custom y-pipe and my subframe connectors. Here are the specs, full three inches to the cutout without cats flanges mounted to the collectors. The car idles a whole lot better now. Before, I had major surging while driving the car open headers and it had a terrible time idling. I finally was able to go WOT with the car and it looks like I've got some major traction issues now. This cam simply is awesome. Up until about 2500 the car seems stock, but after that, it pulls like I have a 150 shot of Nitrous in it. Simply amazing!! :worship: And, through the cutout, this thing screems "ALL EIGHT CYLINDERS ARE FIRING CHIEF!!" I can't wait to get on the Dyno. I might go to the local dyno day coming up on the 17th, but I might wait unitl I get three hundred dollars for the tune special.

Oh, and one more thing, my car easily goes into reverse now...wierd!

Here are the pics, and I video of my car idling with the cam through the open cutout:

Collector flanges going on:

Driver's side flange fitment (we had to bange the floor board a bit to get the flange to fit):

Passenger side of the y-pipe going in to fit test:

Spohn TA clearance:

Y-pipe clearance on the driver's side:

Another shot of the y-pipe clearance on the driver's side:

Passengerside Clearance:

Completed off road y-pipe:

Right click and save as.

Link to GT-1 Cam through open cutout at idle

Also, I have no banging at all with the y-pipe...everything fits nice and snug. I'll get some shots with the car on the ground for everyone. I think the lowest part of my car is the spohn TA. Laters - Pat
Old 01-13-2004, 06:06 PM
jfm
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice clean set up and it sounds good too.I bet it has a nice WOT sound.

How much does the Spohn Tq.arm weigh in comparison to the stocker? It looks like a nice piece of equipment.