Sponsored by:

Trick Flow 215 Cylinder Heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trick Flow 215 Cylinder Heads

Is anyone Running these?
If so, how do you like them & what cam are you running with?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha I love it
Old 06-07-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love mine. Opened them to a 4 inch bore and they work great on the 402. Tons of low end torque and still make big power up top. 225's would've been a better hp maker, but I would've lost low end in the process. Truly best of both worlds.

Vengeance Racing custom cam 239/243 .623/.623 113+3 Someone on here ran a damn near identical cam in a 346 and made sick power. BTW the extra cubes and Mikes awesome tuning made my baby idle and drive like stock.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

LMAO
Old 06-07-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

nope.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Someone on here ran a damn near identical cam in a 346 and made sick power.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chrs1313
I thought you'd volunteer. LOL. Great results too from a stalled auto !!! and only 346 cubes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by eamador11
LMAO
??? I don't know what you want pics of bro ????
Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

I thought you'd volunteer. LOL. Great results too from a stalled auto !!! and only 346 cubes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha was just having fun with the thread...thought is was funny question...

here you go

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...dit-video.html

should be about 490+rwhp now with the electric water pump...
Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

To the op, bottom line call Ron@Vengeance and talk to him about your build. You will get all the best info you can ask for about TFS 215's. Give him your goals and he'll point you in the right direction.

Ron sold me on my tfs 215s vs running the 235s. He didn't just say take my word for it, he cited numerous past builds. To say the least Rons advice was dead on and helped me to reach all my goals. He can do the same for you.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Banned

To the op, bottom line call Ron@Vengeance and talk to him about your build. You will get all the best info you can ask for about TFS 215's.
Yeah? Because I am curious what the fps is over the short turn as well as the CSA there. Think he can answer that for me? Or give me some valve job angles?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
Yeah? Because I am curious what the fps is over the short turn as well as the CSA there. Think he can answer that for me? Or give me some valve job angles?
HAHAHAHA know thats a good one
Old 06-08-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well buy a set from and share your test results ok.

What a stupid post you made. Probably like to have that 15 seconds of your life back wouldn't you.

If you are going to quote me I'd appreciate you not taking my comments out of context. Quote it all so it isn't skewed to help you with your non sense point.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Banned

Well buy a set from and share your test results ok.

What a stupid post you made. Probably like to have that 15 seconds of your life back wouldn't you.

If you are going to quote me I'd appreciate you not taking my comments out of context. Quote it all so it isn't skewed to help you with your non sense point.
Stupid because you don't understand it? Or because you have money to throw at an engine but no knowledge about how it works? I was wondering if Ron knew these things if I called him. No need to get bent out of shape because I questioned the shop you currently nutswing from. First LG, now Vengeance, how long for the next one?

These are important things that relate to how to cam the engine and to see if I want to make any changes. If I decide to "buy" a set to play with, I can get it cheaper than Vengeance is selling them anyway. It's good to have friends that are Trick flow dealers. Yes, they are primarily Ford guys, but dealers none the less..
Old 06-08-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow another nutswing comment. I'm sure Ron could more then answer your question. Call him up and find out. Money to throw away, ugh not really. LOL. I just prefer to have someone else do it so if its not right it falls on them vs on me. As far as working on cars go, my 250K 93 gran prix is running strong and I've performed nearly all the repairs. Recently redid the brakes and suspension. Hopefully I don't have to do anything else for a long time. Stock suspension lasted 132K, replacement lasted 118, so I hope to get at least 100k out of this newest round. Car stops like no ones business too. Pads, rotors, and new rear calipers. Getting ready to pull a blown 3.8 from my 99 gt. Wish me luck. Will be swapping cranks, new rod and crank bearings. Will have some help doing this one though. Again wish me luck, it will be a learning adventure.

Congrats to you on your vast mechanical knowledge. Would you like to give me a hand with the 3.8 ? Maybe we can get her to make some more power while she's apart.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Banned

Wow another nutswing comment. I'm sure Ron could more then answer your question. Call him up and find out. Money to throw away, ugh not really. LOL. I just prefer to have someone else do it so if its not right it falls on them vs on me. As far as working on cars go, my 250K 93 gran prix is running strong and I've performed nearly all the repairs. Recently redid the brakes and suspension. Hopefully I don't have to do anything else for a long time. Stock suspension lasted 132K, replacement lasted 118, so I hope to get at least 100k out of this newest round. Car stops like no ones business too. Pads, rotors, and new rear calipers. Getting ready to pull a blown 3.8 from my 99 gt. Wish me luck. Will be swapping cranks, new rod and crank bearings. Will have some help doing this one though. Again wish me luck, it will be a learning adventure.

Congrats to you on your vast mechanical knowledge. Would you like to give me a hand with the 3.8 ? Maybe we can get her to make some more power while she's apart.
I have lots of experience with the 3.8 engine. I started on a Grand National. My parents have had 2 LeSabres, 1 Park Avenue, and a Pontiac Bonneville. My Grandparents have a LaCrosse. We all help each other work on our own cars. If you get stuck on something you can PM me.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have lots of experience with the 3.8 engine. I started on a Grand National. My parents have had 2 LeSabres, 1 Park Avenue, and a Pontiac Bonneville. My Grandparents have a LaCrosse. We all help each other work on our own cars. If you get stuck on something you can PM me.
Shooting you a pm, I might need your help but lets hope not. I do have a question though.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

No need to question another's building abilities to inflate another's. The LC2 engine is a power house. And where do you think the engineers got a lot of ideas for the Ls platform? They are Going to vary for any given rpm, lobe lift, intake runner design, valve size and displacement. Plus how effeciennt the exhaust system works for given rpm. Better yet why not talk to TEA/TF? didn't Tony mamo. Publish head performance data? Such as this.just saying or asking if you can further inform us about your findings? I deal with hydraulic calculations on fluid dynamics and performance and would like to learn how you get yourfigures. If Its cool?