Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big torque cam..help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big torque cam..help!!!!

I need help choosing a cam as does almost everyone it seems. Id like to make as much power as i can with an *** load of torque my car is a DD and will almost never see the track and since drivabilty is subjective id really like to see some cars in person. Im back and forth on a few cams. I had a 86 z28 383 stroker and the cam that was in it pulled so damn hard all the way through the rpm range, i loved it. Id love to have that feeling again big torque is what i want. i love that sotp feeling. I called texas speed shop and they recommended the 224r. problem is i was looking at the torquer v.2. the 224r just seems to be a pretty small cam. not that i know what im talking about...lol i guess i just wanted bigger for some reason, maybe what i want isnt realistic. or I guess maybe i want my cake and to eat it too. I want ALOT of torque and as much hp as i can push out of the car without having to rev the car to high hell to get it.
Anyone dd the torquer v.2 and although i know it will be subjective id love to hear anyones thoughs on drivabilty, how it pulls, rpms any input you guys have would greatly help me out. or maybe i should just go with the recommendation from tsp....any and all thoughs appreciated.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.guerragroup.com/camshaft_help.htm
Old 06-09-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

compcam 54-455-11.or contact Pat-G he will get you what you want.