Sponsored by:

Some thoughts and comments.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 05:15 AM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Some thoughts and comments.

I certaintly appologize for my silence but I have had a very rough past 3 months, some thoughts first.

I have about 18-20 PM's and e-mails with no less than 20 phone calls asking WTF is going on? from concerned friends and customers that are aware of what went so wrong and about some **** storms that hit the forum recently.

I went from buring out, which I should have taken about 2 weeks off to get my head straight but didn't, then to being over whelmed and straight to a full blown melt down. I realized I couldn't handle the volume and pace we were working at and I was taking alot of hostility out on my employees and people around me. Last but not least, the biggest blow came on New Years Eve after 3 months of family care giving to a parent that battled cancer for 4 years. This has no place on a car forum and I won't decimate or minimize her memory by elaborating here, anyone who has lost a parent figure will know what I am talking about, but it will give you an idea of where my head was or wasn't. In that inturum, I will admit I wasn't very capible of making good decisions or judgement calls at that time and Joe D stepped in and took over 90% of my work related and personal affairs and did a great job of recovering because if it was up to me personally, I should have just closed shop till I had my head screwed on stratght and got my family/personal drama in check.

I did a search under my own name and have some comments of topics I will address right now.

1. Eric Z. I read that PSJ mentioned that "you will not stretched a rod end of an aftermarket rod" this is true and you know that you have stock rods with ARP rod bolts and you didn't correct anyone on that, the cyls glazed from fuel wash. I upgraded your head flow also since the heads were off. More on this later once you get your car back. Covered.

2. Mike K. I did not edit tune your car on the dyno, Brien H couldn't make your dyno session and while you were here getting your install done at my shop, he stopped in and flash filed your PCM with Tracey's file and we translatored it on the dyno, that dosen't cover "tip in" PE or transient fueling or driveability. I did have Brien re-edit Tracey file and the driveability was much better.

3. George Cully's engine, my old Camaro motor was sold with a warrenty, as lame as it seemed, it was still covered, this was a used motor, not brand new. The drive from my shop to JD's after the initial install had identical oil pressure as it was in my car, I don't know exactly when it happened but it sucked the "O" ring into the pump housing and dropped 10-15 psi of oil pressure, **** happens... covered.

I only looked at about 1/16th of whats posted since I signed off for the past 5 weeks so I have more posts to sift through.

Everyone who knows what was going on with my personal affairs I asked not to argue or re-butt nonsence till I have my witts about me to post and clear up some topics.

Personal work that I have outstanding:

2 427's and a few sets of heads which are in the works right now and lots of paper work.

Joe.

Last edited by JPR; 01-15-2004 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe, glad things are looking up a bit for you. My sincere condolences on the loss of a loved one. I do volunteer work at a cancer hospital for the termanally ill, and know exactly where you are coming from. I will pray for you and your family, peace,
Victor
Old 01-15-2004, 06:31 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the update Joe. Sometimes we all get too wrapped up in our vehicles and forget that people do have important things going on outside of their cars or business. My condolences on the family loss. I'm sure you will get everything worked out, it will just take time.

Tony
Old 01-15-2004, 07:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for the update, I truly hope everything works out for you and Tracey.

John
Old 01-15-2004, 07:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Joe, if anyone here can relate to this it's me!! I do some work on the side for friends and last year was the worst... I lost my cousin (29), my father (52) both a week apart and my father also had cancer and then my Grandmother as well (71) from COPD. Some people just look at themselves and not at the moment in time. Both my father and Grandmother signed DNR's which made it that much harder but I understood what they were going through. The only thing that will help is time and remember that no one is ever forgotten as long as someone always remembers them.
Maybe with this post anyone who does have questions will call you instead of posting it giving you time to deal with both and keep up the good work for things will get better.

Sorry for your loss..

Wayne
Old 01-15-2004, 09:53 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No one knows more about taking care of a sick (brain cancer) person that me.My DEAR MOTHER took her last breath Jan 26th 2002 and I was there holding her hand in my living room.I brought in a hospice nurse around the clock and my sister and I took care of her for the other 14 hrs providing meds,food,water and comfort.

It was ruff seeing someone go down hill that quickly (6months).My mother told me I was the BEST SON and no amount of money,hobbies can EVER replace those words.

I understand what you've been threw and FWIW I've always believed you were a good hearted person even if from our posts and are disagreements it seemed otherwise.

I wish U,TRACEY and the boys a very happy New Year and may God Bless.
I will say a prayer for TRACEYS MOTHER...

Again with JD directing how to run the shop and your expert porting abilities I'm sure your gonna have a VERY GOOD 2004.

Again my sincere condolences...
JS

Last edited by JS; 01-15-2004 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you get things straight Joe.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Joe, good to hear from you and again sorry for your loss. I hope things are starting to calm down from last time you called me frantic about everything.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JPR
I certaintly appologize for my silence but I have had a very rough past 3 months, some thoughts first.

I have about 18-20 PM's and e-mails with no less than 20 phone calls asking WTF is going on? from concerned friends and customers that are aware of what went so wrong and about some **** storms that hit the forum recently.

I went from buring out, which I should have taken about 2 weeks off to get my head straight but didn't, then to being over whelmed and straight to a full blown melt down. I realized I couldn't handle the volume and pace we were working at and I was taking alot of hostility out on my employees and people around me. Last but not least, the biggest blow came on New Years Eve after 3 months of family care giving to a parent that battled cancer for 4 years. This has no place on a car forum and I won't decimate or minimize her memory by elaborating here, anyone who has lost a parent figure will know what I am talking about, but it will give you an idea of where my head was or wasn't. In that inturum, I will admit I wasn't very capible of making good decisions or judgement calls at that time and Joe D stepped in and took over 90% of my work related and personal affairs and did a great job of recovering because if it was up to me personally, I should have just closed shop till I had my head screwed on stratght and got my family/personal drama in check.

I did a search under my own name and have some comments of topics I will address right now.

1. Eric Z. I read that PSJ mentioned that "you will not stretched a rod end of an aftermarket rod" this is true and you know that you have stock rods with ARP rod bolts and you didn't correct anyone on that, the cyls glazed from fuel wash. I upgraded your head flow also since the heads were off. More on this later once you get your car back. Covered.

2. Mike K. I did not edit tune your car on the dyno, Brien H couldn't make your dyno session and while you were here getting your install done at my shop, he stopped in and flash filed your PCM with Tracey's file and we translatored it on the dyno, that dosen't cover "tip in" PE or transient fueling or driveability. I did have Brien re-edit Tracey file and the driveability was much better.

3. George Cully's engine, my old Camaro motor was sold with a warrenty, as lame as it seemed, it was still covered, this was a used motor, not brand new. The drive from my shop to JD's after the initial install had identical oil pressure as it was in my car, I don't know exactly when it happened but it sucked the "O" ring into the pump housing and dropped 10-15 psi of oil pressure, **** happens... covered.

I only looked at about 1/16th of whats posted since I signed off for the past 5 weeks so I have more posts to sift through.

Everyone who knows what was going on with my personal affairs I asked not to argue or re-butt nonsence till I have my witts about me to post and clear up some topics.

Personal work that I have outstanding:

2 427's and a few sets of heads which are in the works right now and lots of paper work.

Joe.
Joe my condolences on your family loss and I hope all goes well, I have had several relatives inlcluding my father pass away so I know how it feels.

As far as my tune goes I am really thinking that my engine ran lean because of the tune ( I could be wrong but looking at the symptoms and from what others have told me this looks to be the most probable cause), before I came up there I was expecting a professional dyno tune and that is what I paid for,
You are correct in the fact that I got a flashed file and a finish up tune with a maft on my car but that is by no means what I expected from our previous conversations. If my tune was dangerous or to lean why didn't you tell me? I would have sacrificed horsepower to have my engine last longer than it did after the head/cam install. I'm not sure if you know this but it only lasted 2k miles including my trip back down to Florida. My motor total has 26k and I hardly ever race so I would not have considered my motor tired. Maybe we can discuss this issue further over the phone? I'll call you tomorrow and will pm you with my phone # if you want to call me.

As I said above, I am very sorry for your loss and family does take precedence over anybodys car anyday. I hope you and your family emotionally heal as quickly as possible.

Quick Reply: Some thoughts and comments.