Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weaksauce

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weaksauce

OK, so I was hearing some noises from the trans tunnel inside the car. It sounded as if fluid was boiling and I could hear the TC. The fluid that was only a year old was brown and smelled. It was noticably down on power as well. I just had the tranny rebuilt with all new parts. Zpak, kevlar teflon blah blah stuff. Also had a new 2800 stall installed. Well, on the way home, I heard the boiling/whinning sound again after WOT. Also feels down on power. Seems like a possible slight miss as well. No codes or lights. Any thoughts? I put this here because I don't think it could be trans related. I don't have a tuner/scanner, but I don't trust any shops or dealers around here. Somebody tell me I just wasted $2500 on a trans. Thanks for the help guys. Oh and I might be a re-tard, but it seems like the oil pressure is up too.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well... I've seen like 5 'built' 4l60e's take ***** on people just after installation... So I would check the trans again. I don't know why you guys **** around with that tranny... Just buy a Rossler TH400. They can be had for $1200....
Old 06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Teching In

I was gonna go the performabuilt route, but this guy new this tranny inside and out. He knew all of the issues they have and discussed all of the updates people do to build them. From what I learned from this site, the guy knew his stuff. I am not sure if it is the tranny, seems like there might be a miss. I will def. keep it in mind though. It's under warranty so if the fluid turns brown, they can do it again.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it is missing, it SHOULD be throwing a code. Not saying it will, but it should. Get your tuner or somewhere with a scanner to check, then I'd check out your tranny... Not to badmouth performabuilt, but I've seen 2 of those take ***** on bolt on/stalled cars... It's just the 4l60e, kind of junk in my opinion.