Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H/C/I Decisions... I Need Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H/C/I Decisions... I Need Some Help

Ok so ive done alot of research and finally have the money to do a head, cam, and intake swap on my camaro. So far ive got Pacesettler long tubes, Off road Y-pipe, Yank 3600, and a "borlamouth" catback. I went to the track last weekend and went a 13.01 with street tires and the stock tune.

Now that ive go the money I wanna go faster ha. This will be my first cam and head swap, so all the help would be appriciated. Im still learning and you guys know a hell of alot more about this than i do. The car will probly be just a weekend car, and it doesnt need to be "street friendly" Im looking for around 400-400 to the wheels and hopefully a 11.70-11.50 ET or even faster. My ideas for what to buy are,

Patriot LS6 stage II 64cc assembled with the .650 valve springs
Stock LS6 intake, Maby a FAST but there pretty expensive
LS2 timing chain
LS7 lifters
Melling oil pump

Now stuck on the cam. Id like it to be a Comp Cam because i can get a good discount from Lane Automotive and they carry Comp. I was looking at the XER281HR 232/234 .595/.595 112 but im thinking thats a little big for my converter. So help me pick a cam for my setup. If im missing some supporting mods let me know. Im kinda on a budget but I wanna do it right the first time so i dont have to tear it apart again.
Thanks for the help
Jordan
Old 07-09-2010, 02:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think your parts list is fine, i would take a look at texas speeds heads instead of the patriots but thats just me. I like your cam choice it should work fine with your converter and you shouldnt have a problem reaching your goal of 11s. But you must not be hooking already because you should be faster then 13.0 with your mods by about a half second.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i was easing into the throttle if i remember right my best 60 was 1.90. I had some Fusion ZRi's on the car there not the best. The 90 degree weather didnt help either.